Will work for NADA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to say the posts from our new member are becoming a little better. Here where Im at for the moment you have to be both capt and DM/inst as there is only one paid person on the boat. Drive em out, splash em, dive with em get em out then haul them home. Last weekend I made $15 in tips and that was from the starving college students for three trips and five dives. I did a night dive for less than the shop will do them for because I love night dives. 6 people from the NE all baby divers, 12-15 dives between the 6 and none in the last year. Even gave one couple a ride after....A BIG ZIPPO in tips. oh well. Im diving for free. Better than paying I guess. I don't know how anyone can live on these wages?

So what is it you do that you see exotic dancers every night? i may be in the wrong field!

BlackCoral:
That is right but understand if we do not take care of those people the careers and enjoyment will disappear and what are we left with. Tipping a security guard for the night happens all the time. I do see the exotic dancers tip them every night to take care of the rif raf they understand they need to.

You're attitude is getting a *little* bit better than when you first roared in telling people to ante up or do something else. But I think you still over estimate the importance of the resort DM. There are plenty of places where the DM doesn't go in the water and diving gets along fine. Heck, lots of people like to beach or lake dive completely on their own.

Personally, I doubt many of us would care much if some of the casual resort divers did something else, the rest of us don't need the hand holding. Just give me transportation to the site, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom