Why PADI do support for them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tikal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I did a Nitrox course in Egypt (as I did the OW AOW and Rescue) and they (the diferent Diving Center from the 2 ones where I maked the first 3 courses) didn't send the certification to PADI. I contacted PADI but it just dosn' t worried much about the situation. I mind the PADI in Switzerland (that is not EU) and in UK (that is not completly EU). So there's no PADI in EU...

The diving center and the instructor answered to PADI and whats they wrote? They wrote that I just did some Nitrox dives with them but not the course!

How would I make "some" Nitrox dives if I was not Nitrox certified? The Nitrox dives I did with this "Dive Break" (based in a big hotel in Hurgada, Egypt), were the dives to the Nitrox course, of course!

I sent to PADI the copie of the temporary certification and the copie the first receipt they gave me (they wanted me to give back them this receipt where is write "Nitrox Course" to give me a new one, but I refused as I suspected that something was wrong: at end they didn't give me the receipt with all amouth I gave to they).

PADI, after contacting the dive center and the instructor, told me to try to solve the problem with the diving center...

But if the diving center, and aparently the PADI' s certified instructors that work 4 the diving center, told PADI that I just went to a few dives - not to a Nitrox Course - why should I contact, again, this kind of people? Isn't PADI whom should to solve this situation as there is PADI certified instructors involved?

More: I sent to PADI all e-mails I shared with this "Dive Break", where is very clear that is a Nitrox course and it's certification the subject about we dealt on the e-mails.

Note: I' m very sorry for my truly bad english.

I hate to speculate, but perhaps their instructor was nitrox instructor certified? I can't imagine why they would refuse to certify if you took and passed the test, then dove with them. And your temp card should be signed by the instructor with his/her instructor number on it. Have you looked them up to see if they really are certified to teach that?

Tikal

If you have indeed taken the Nitrox course and it was not a misunderstanding then you should send the following information to PADI:

1) proof that you signed up and paid for the course and are in possession of the required materals for the course

2) copies of all of the knowledge reviews signed dated and corrected

3) copies of the results of the test, signed dated and corrected

4) copies of the log book pages showing the dates you did any dives (the dives are optional) and the signature of the instructor

5) the temporary cert if you have it

6) any details you can give them regarding the instructor (instructor number and/or name) and the shop

You can write to PADI in Europe in Spanish and German via training@padi.ch or in English at trainingen@padi.ch You can also call them directly at +41 52 304 14 32

Egypt falls under PADI Europe so these are the right people to call.

PADI may or may not be able to help you. If the instructor was authorized to give this PADI specialty and you paid for the course, own the required materials, did all of the theory (knowledge reviews and tests) and dives (optional in this particular specialty) and you have documented proof that all this was signed off by an authorized instructor then PADI can contact the insturctor or the shop and make them issue the certification. PADI instructors are required to issue the certification to students who complete the course provided everything is paid in full.

However, if :

- the instructor claims that you did not finish the course or
- the instructor was not authorized to issue the certification
- you can not provide documentation to prove it that you did everything required

then you're out of luck

The advice PADI gave you to contact the shop is certainly what I would do first. The shop is required to keep a file on every student. Ask them for it. There is a good chance that even if *you* do not have documented proof that everything was done according to standards, that the shop does!

good luck

R..

Tikal

If you have indeed taken the Nitrox course and it was not a misunderstanding then you should send the following information to PADI:

1) proof that you signed up and paid for the course and are in possession of the required materals for the course

4) copies of the log book pages showing the dates you did any dives (the dives are optional) and the signature of the instructor

5) the temporary cert if you have it

6) any details you can give them regarding the instructor (instructor number and/or name) and the shop
Also, a sworn affidavit signed by the instructor, notarized, and bearing a wax seal imprinted with the company logo. It wouldn't hurt if the instructor's fingerprint was affixed too. You did bring that back from vacation with you, didn't you?

Who keeps copies of knowledge reviews and tests? I don't think I have ever even been given copies in any course I have ever taken. I would think a receipt showing you paid for the course and a copy of the temporary card should be sufficient.

If you paid for the course with a credit card, you may also want to try disputing the charges. I have no idea if it would work, but it's worth a shot.

I did a Nitrox course in Egypt (as I did the OW AOW and Rescue) and they (the diferent Diving Center from the 2 ones where I maked the first 3 courses) didn't send the certification to PADI. I contacted PADI but it just dosn' t worried much about the situation. I mind the PADI in Switzerland (that is not EU) and in UK (that is not completly EU). So there's no PADI in EU...

The diving center and the instructor answered to PADI and whats they wrote? They wrote that I just did some Nitrox dives with them but not the course!

How would I make "some" Nitrox dives if I was not Nitrox certified? The Nitrox dives I did with this "Dive Break" (based in a big hotel in Hurgada, Egypt), were the dives to the Nitrox course, of course!

I sent to PADI the copie of the temporary certification and the copie the first receipt they gave me (they wanted me to give back them this receipt where is write "Nitrox Course" to give me a new one, but I refused as I suspected that something was wrong: at end they didn't give me the receipt with all amouth I gave to they).

PADI, after contacting the dive center and the instructor, told me to try to solve the problem with the diving center...

But if the diving center, and aparently the PADI' s certified instructors that work 4 the diving center, told PADI that I just went to a few dives - not to a Nitrox Course - why should I contact, again, this kind of people? Isn't PADI whom should to solve this situation as there is PADI certified instructors involved?

More: I sent to PADI all e-mails I shared with this "Dive Break", where is very clear that is a Nitrox course and it's certification the subject about we dealt on the e-mails.

Note: I' m very sorry for my truly bad english.

There are always 2 sides to a story and it would be interesting to hear the other side.Being that we have not heard the other side we have to assume that what you say is all true.
Did you complete knowledge reviews and take the exam and pass it? Did the instructor sign off the nitrox course in your training log book?
If you did then they should have issued you a card.If it was the old standard pic they should have given you the pic envelope signed and dated for you to enclose a phot of yourself and mail to PADI when you got home.If they did a online pic then you get the temp immediately when they submit it there. Dives are NOT required for the certification to be issued. Just making a few dives on nitrox does not certify you in its use.
You can dive nitrox and be uncertified for it.Must be accompanied by the PADI pro to do it.

Who keeps copies of knowledge reviews and tests? I don't think I have ever even been given copies in any course I have ever taken. I would think a receipt showing you paid for the course and a copy of the temporary card should be sufficient. If you paid for the course with a credit card, you may also want to try disputing the charges. I have no idea if it would work, but it's worth a shot.

I remember when my wife and I went through the courses, the instructor would ask us to tear out the test pages and hand them in. My wife and I were horrified: When we were young we were taught that you don't deface a book. Ever. Maybe it's an old-school thing....:idk: We made the instructor copy our pages. We still have all our course materials, complete with tests and reviews.

Sometimes the old ways are still the best. :)

I'm with you, Mike. It was hard enough to WRITE in the book, let alone tear pages out. I copied mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom