Why is someone moving al the FL threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems like a plausible solution would be to get rid of so much of the redundancy re: FL Keys.

So many people ask the SAME THING... over and over and over.

Who should I dive with in Key Largo?
Can I beach dive in Key Largo?
What is the SE Coast like compared to the Keys?

Most of the "clogging" in the main conch forum is from tourists who are asking questions about the keys. Perhaps a FAQ RE: Key Largo, keys, etc. would be in order? This could help cut down on the number of repetitive posts, thus the "clogging"

Just a thought.

howarde:
It seems like a plausible solution would be to get rid of so much of the redundancy re: FL Keys.

So many people ask the SAME THING... over and over and over.

Who should I dive with in Key Largo?
Can I beach dive in Key Largo?
What is the SE Coast like compared to the Keys?

Most of the "clogging" in the main conch forum is from tourists who are asking questions about the keys. Perhaps a FAQ RE: Key Largo, keys, etc. would be in order? This could help cut down on the number of repetitive posts, thus the "clogging"

Just a thought.
That's what the search function is for. Unfortunatley, most perfer just to start a new thread and ask the same question over and over.

Scuba_Jenny:
That's what the search function is for. Unfortunatley, most perfer just to start a new thread and ask the same question over and over.
That's why maybe some FAQ's about the Keys would be good. But then I'm sure people won't read those either... and just start another thread...

No agendas? NetDoc, not to insult you, but certain mods are held in question by more than a few Conch divers, vocal or not.

Some people refuse to change, or accept it, no matter how obvious the need. It’s about time the forum has been divided (not that many arguing for it would have ever come up with the pattern it was divided into… but I digress). I’m glad to read the posts of those brave enough to post against the grain of the few people who have had a lock on the way the FL Conch forum has done business. I believe Narcosis when he says it hasn’t been easy. Heck, I’ve only been on SB for a few months, and it was obvious to the groups I've dove with that the forum was ridiculous for so large of an area.

As an aside, unless I missed the reasoning, shouldn’t the first trips and marketplace now be described as being for south Florida?

I respect those who have been politely fighting, and continued to do so (you know who you are), to get this forum more the way it should be - or less like the old dive shop adage “Well, we’ve done it like that for 30 years, so it’s good enough for all of you, too.” Just like the hogarthian / DIR movements, changes are afoot, and us up’n’comers would like to see them be made in our forum. This seemingly can’t be more obvious.

Best,

MD

You know...

This is going to be seen as some sort of VAST conspiracy, but when I went to quote your post, I think that I hit edit by mistake. Oooopsie! My humble apologies.

You see, when there is a disagreement, often times it turns into an "Us VS Them" deal. Currently there are almost 500 forums here on ScubaBoard. Having this many forums, makes it hard to navigate, but obviously having all of the posts under one forum would be ultra chaotic. We try to acheive a balance. We have the interests of the Floridians (North, Central and Sout) as well as the interests of the Scuba Tourists. They don't all fit together, so we try our best.

As for your first statement, we will ALWAYS have conspiracy theorists among us. That doesn't make them right. My job is to try and do what is fair and right. I don't always succeed, but I can say that I give it a good shot. The goal is to try and meet as many needs as possible. We will never please everyone and will probably end up pissing a few people off while trying to be as fair as possible. I will continue, as will all of the mods, to do the BEST job possible and to make decisions that will be as inclusive as possible.

Hell, sounds like you're trying to do your best, and that's good enough for me. I just thought I ought to say what I've been hearing (plus feeling myself), and to support the other peons a little in their battle for change.

Thanks Doc. :14:

MD

Mambo Dave:
certain mods are held in question by more than a few Conch divers, vocal or not.

Toto, am i back in high school?

"held in question?"

please somebody tell me you guys are kidding

Mambo Dave:
the other peons

anybody calls me a peon, they're gonna get a hot surprise round their feet

:wink:

(HITTING MIKE)

is this thing on?

We are all peons in the Universal reality...lol...

yes, well, i know that

but i prefer to ignore reality, and think of myself as King H2Andy, Ruler of
Everything

(Hungry Howie's Pizza? This is King H2Andy, Ruler of Everything. I told you
i didn't want any CHEESE on my PIZZA, didn't I?!? Why does it have
CHEESE???!!!)

Wow, has this thread hit some people's nerve!

It's pretty simple in my eyes, even if there is a conspiracy :D. What we need is constancy. If it does not hurt to have a Southern California Olympus User's Group and a Lake Lanier Looney Bird subforum, the question arises why not a Florida Panhandlers subforum? I'm not for or against such a subforum but there is clearly as much or more interest from the panhandle divers. I am for keeping my dive reports in the main Conch forum if we don't have a subforum to post in. I don't think the reports should be in the Trip section just because they have a date (will they be going back to the main?). I was plenty happy the way things were and would enjoy a subforum if we had one. I really want to see the technical problems with the board resolved more than anything new.

Just my 2 cents.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom