Why is someone moving al the FL threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
...(will they be going back to the main?)...

I sure hope so... NetDoc even admitted the moderator responsible was mistaken in the move, but it hasn't been corrected. I've even sent a polite PM to the moderator responsible requesting she move them back to their appropriate forum...

I've moderated at a few large forums in the past, takes no time at all to move threads. Dunno the problem.

Guess I'll shoot some other moderators a few messages.

SeaYoda:
If it does not hurt to have a Southern California Olympus User's Group and a Lake Lanier Looney Bird subforum, the question arises why not a Florida Panhandlers subforum?

Again... As I said earlier. Why take a small chunk of posts away from the Conch section, when it's quite obvious that questions about the keys have the most redundancy of all of the Conch stuff period. If the real reason to subordinate sections of Florida is to alleviate the "clogging" of the main conch forum... then the section with the MOST activity should be moved no?

howarde:
Again... As I said earlier. Why take a small chunk of posts away from the Conch section, when it's quite obvious that questions about the keys have the most redundancy of all of the Conch stuff period. If the real reason to subordinate sections of Florida is to alleviate the "clogging" of the main conch forum... then the section with the MOST activity should be moved no?
I look at it in a more selfish way :D. The subforum would make it easier for me not the whole Conch forum. I think that's the purpose of the Lake Lanier Loony Birds. They do in there what has been asked by panhandlers here. This is their start up thread. It's like a club not a fractioning of the great Conch Nation.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=112673

SuPrBuGmAn:
I sure hope so... NetDoc even admitted the moderator responsible was mistaken in the move, but it hasn't been corrected. I've even sent a polite PM to the moderator responsible requesting she move them back to their appropriate forum...

I've moderated at a few large forums in the past, takes no time at all to move threads. Dunno the problem.

Guess I'll shoot some other moderators a few messages.
PM Sent.

NetDoc,

how about instead of the "new" North FL sub forum being in the "trips" section, that it be in the main FL Conch section.

This way it would be open for ALL north FL discussions. Trips, trip reports, questions, reviews, etc. The good thing about this would be that it would greatly reduce traffic off the main FL Conch forum, which should help Scubaboard mods some too.

-mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom