Why is someone moving al the FL threads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We know it's been frustrating for some of you but, as Pete has already posted, subforums are on hold for the nonce. In the mean time, posting threads with clearly marked sites & dates for dives will help us all to keep things straight in the trips forum. Dated dive reports afterward will also help keep a little order. Once the dives & the interest in what happened on the dives wanes, they will slowly sink (OK, quickly in the Conch fourm) off the page. Subforums will undoubtedly be revisited in the future...

Marvel, in this case threads (with dates) that were less than a day old were moved and yet others were not.... If they had been allowed to "sink" off the page they were posted on, I think that everyone would have been fine.

Mike, I believe that has already been discussed and explained. Perhaps you can reread a previous post of mine for more clarification. :)

Since you are in the mood for "clarification", you never answered Bugman's below question.

SuPrBuGmAn:
I'm the same way, but this confuses me on why you moved threads clearly marked 'Dive Reports'. Who goes to a subforum designated for 'upcoming' dives to look at reports for dives that have already happened? I don't, and I worry fewer people will find them than if they are in the main forum. Whether intentional or not, we were split off...

Cleary the Panhandle dive reports were moved but it appears that several other "upcoming trips" were not.

I know you were just trying to clean stuff up, but like Matt said "we were split off".

Marvel:
In the mean time, posting threads with clearly marked sites & dates for dives will help us all to keep things straight in the trips forum. Dated dive reports afterward will also help keep a little order. Once the dives & the interest in what happened on the dives wanes, they will slowly sink (OK, quickly in the Conch fourm) off the page. Subforums will undoubtedly be revisited in the future...

I have no problems with threads falling into the abyss naturally. I have a problem with not being able to share the reports the area of the forum that gets all the traffic. Makes any kind of effort I put into typing the story out rather worthless as the subforum isn't meant for dive reports, but for a place to plan future dives.

Scuba_Jenny:
Mike, I believe that has already been discussed and explained. Perhaps you can reread a previous post of mine for more clarification. :)

Yeah, but the explanation was that they were moved because they were dated. It couldn't have been a case of mistaken identity as they were all clearly marked "dive reports". This isn't exactly an explanation that makes sense to me...

I don't understand why they were moved to a forum that was intended for "upcoming" dives(Read the Trips and Marketplace Description). Who goes there to look for info on dives that have already taken place? I'd like an explanation on why they were moved to a forum they were never intended for?..

This hasn't been a problem in the past 3 years, what has changed?

Would not dating the dive reports keep them in their proper forum? Thats friggin laughable as it would cause a big confusion on which thread on the same divesite is most current, but I'll do what I've gotta do.

I'm just asking that the threads moved, that are clearly marked as dive reports, be put back where they belong.

We have added two Trips & Marketplace forums under the Main one. One for North Florida and one for Central Florida. I hope this helps.

Trips, for the most part, do not belong in the main Conch Divers forum. Exceptions have and will be made. Please fill out form 14055B in triplicate and submit it to Jenny! :D However, if you have a trip report (after the fact), then they belong in the main Conch Divers forum. I am sure that if they got moved then it was a mistake on the Mod's part who moved it. You can be certain that there are no hidden agendas to squash any part of this great state.

NetDoc:
:D However, if you have a trip report (after the fact), then they belong in the main Conch Divers forum. I am sure that if they got moved then it was a mistake on the Mod's part who moved it. You can be certain that there are no hidden agendas to squash any part of this great state.

You da man NetdDoc! Thanks for chiming in
icon14.gif
:14:

Now can someone please bring our dive reports back to the appropriate forum?

I read that whole form !!!!!!!! Its was real entertaining ...But true on the Bugmans part... And it took all that to get an answer .......It would be nice to get a panhandle forum Especially since the panhandle is how many square miles long .....
And someone made the comment about traveling 10 hrs. to dive certain dive locations , this sounds great but there is alot of great dive locations 30 min. to 4 hrs. travel time in the panhandle (besides gas is $3.00 a gallon Ive have to pawn my gear for go much further) lol.

NetDoc:
We have added two Trips & Marketplace forums under the Main one. One for North Florida and one for Central Florida. I hope this helps.

Trips, for the most part, do not belong in the main Conch Divers forum. Exceptions have and will be made. Please fill out form 14055B in triplicate and submit it to Jenny! :D However, if you have a trip report (after the fact), then they belong in the main Conch Divers forum. I am sure that if they got moved then it was a mistake on the Mod's part who moved it. You can be certain that there are no hidden agendas to squash any part of this great state.

Thanks NetDoc.

would it have made more sense to put the sub-forum off the Main FL Conch forum instead of two levels down under "trips", etc?

That way it could cover all north FL discussions which will get "us" out of the regular FL forum, freeing up space/bandwith in that forum.?

just curious.

thanks for your efforts.

We could probably just cut up Florida into 100 square mile sections... but that will only fragment the board. Most people coming to Florida are looking for the lower half (including the keys). Sure, we have our cavers and panhandlers, but they don't produce half of the volume that the southern half does. I just don't want people to forget to look into these forums if they select the Florida Conch Divers Trips & Market Place. This also gives us a CENTRAL location to put those Board sponsored trips that are intended to pull everyone in. The Panhandle makes up half of the North Florida zone.

However, we know that we can't please everyone and that we are going to outright piss someone off. My apologies for that, but I don't want to see the state become more fragmented at this time.

jwhitlock:
I read that whole form !!!!!!!! Its was real entertaining ...But true on the Bugmans part... And it took all that to get an answer .......It would be nice to get a panhandle forum Especially since the panhandle is how many square miles long .....
And someone made the comment about traveling 10 hrs. to dive certain dive locations , this sounds great but there is alot of great dive locations 30 min. to 4 hrs. travel time in the panhandle (besides gas is $3.00 a gallon Ive have to pawn my gear for go much further) lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom