Why is DIR controversial?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Experience based" was my understanding too. I also thought it was kinda a blessing to be with the big boy team.

Mark T was talking about Cave 3 awhile back.

rjack321:
"Experience based" was my understanding too. I also thought it was kinda a blessing to be with the big boy team.

Mark T was talking about Cave 3 awhile back.

Yeah, it sounded like Cave 3 was about taking the push divers for a team like the EKPP and having them dive with JJ+friends for a week or so and sucking whatever they could find out of JJ's brain. More like private lessons from JJ than an agency course...

Do you have to bring your own support divers for Cave 3, or does JJ provide/rent them to you? =)

lamont:
Yeah, it sounded like Cave 3 was about taking the push divers for a team like the EKPP and having them dive with JJ+friends for a week or so and sucking whatever they could find out of JJ's brain. More like private lessons from JJ than an agency course...

Do you have to bring your own support divers for Cave 3, or does JJ provide/rent them to you? =)

From what I remember of Peter's paper, him and his buddy were both the support divers and push divers. They would do a dive to set all the gear and then do another dive to push the limits. It sounded pretty intense.

His paper can be found here: http://dir-diver.com/pdf/exploring_cave_3.pdf

Jasonmh:
The hard part is figuring out who is going to drive the backup car with all the redundant car parts.

What a nightmare! :shakehead

So how do you guys settle that? Do you do paper rock scissors or something, or do you prefer more civilized methods like pushing and shoving one another while you fight for the Captain's Chair?

Is there a certain type vehicles DIR divers use when going for kool-aid? I don't imagine any old clunker will do either, will it? :wink:

namabiru:
What a nightmare! :shakehead

So how do you guys settle that? Do you do paper rock scissors or something, or do you prefer more civilized methods like pushing and shoving one another while you fight for the Captain's Chair?

Is there a certain type vehicles DIR divers use when going for kool-aid? I don't imagine any old clunker will do either, will it? :wink:

We have kool-aid drinking contests. Who ever drinks a gallon of kool-aid slowest gets to drive the redunda-truck.

re: Tech3

In order to teach tech2 or cave2, you have to be tech3 or cave3 I believe. So, I guess JJ certs those that he feels can teach tech2/cave2...

cmalinowski:
re: Tech3

In order to teach tech2 or cave2, you have to be tech3 or cave3 I believe. So, I guess JJ certs those that he feels can teach tech2/cave2...

That makes sense since you are supposed to be certified at a higher level of training then what you teach, if I remember correctly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom