Why is DIR controversial?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania:
Well, it will be off topic but we were not even created equal. God made some of us more clever and some of us less clever.

i think the sentiment is that no one is superior to anyone else under the law by reason of birth (for example, that Kings have rights commoners do not have)

(i don't literally believe anyone is created, btw... was just using Jefferson's phrase)

how that plays out in practice... welll .... that would be a hijack. let's just say 10 million dollars buys you one heck of a criminal law system ... and a free public defender doesn't ...

OK, let's stop the hijack....
:D
So check your mail to get my answer....

Mania

nadwidny:
Are you kidding me? Over the years I've seen and dove with many divers from the 'other' reputable technical training agencies and I've dove with GUE trained divers. I've been trained by the 'other' reputable agencies. Hell, I even used to teach for one of those reputable agencies. I've also been trained by GUE and I can tell you without a doubt, that except for some NAUI guys, there is a huge difference between GUE training and all the rest.

As far as GUE 'fitting in" - anybody suggests they should, doesn't get it. GUE doesn't want to fit in. JJ has said it over and over and over. GUE does not want to be like the rest. It was brought in to be different and if people want GUE training and go the DIR route then that's great. If some people don't then it's no skin off of JJ's nose or mine. There's rule #1 to cover those people and it's been working great for me for the past 10 years.

I saw some serious weird stuff on some cave divers in MX recently. They were full cave by some agency, but definately not GUE. Since they were willing to START a dive without a working primary light :11:

So saying all agencies are the same at the top is bunkus IMO

Jasonmh:
You must be one of those internet dir jerks I'm always hearing about. I suppose you are going to tell me you actually nice in person :D
Or are you just full of angst from not getting to dive yesterday, haha.. just kidding bud :rofl3:
(sorry we couldn't make it, the weather was still pretty bad here)

Yes, yes. I'm trying to induce new buddies with my kool-aid. :wink: Not a problem. I'm sure we'll get some dives soon. :)

RonFrank:
Yeah, you kool-aid drinking guys with your black zip ties! Don't you know neon yellow is the new black! :confused:

I'll be in Coz next week diving my Zeagle! The BP/W setup is too heavy for travel, so I guess I'll have to pass on the Kool-aid and go for my lightweight Back Inflate, but I will have a long hose!

Look forward to diving with you both in 2007. Not sure when, maybe March timeframe unless I can somehow get to TX if that trip pans out.

Meet everybody in Santa Rosa and car pool from there. :wink:

WOW, you know a topic is controversial when just having
a discusion about why the topic is controversial becomes
controversial.

Not sure why I keep reading these types of threads.
I think it is because it is like watching a demolition derby.
Nothing really comes of it, but it is oddly entertaining watching
all the crashing and destruction.

--- bill

bperrybap:
WOW, you know a topic is controversial when just having
a discusion about why the topic is controversial becomes
controversial.

Not sure why I keep reading these types of threads.
I think it is because it is like watching a demolition derby.
Nothing really comes of it, but it is oddly entertaining watching
all the crashing and destruction.

--- bill

It started off serious, then turned into a debate, now it's just a light hearted thread of DIR based jokes. Nothing really controversial about it. :)

There seems to be the those who have taken the class here... And those that haven't.

Gotta take the class to get the jokes. :D

H2Andy:
i think the sentiment is that no one is superior to anyone else under the law by reason of birth (for example, that Kings have rights commoners do not have)
In many countries this does not apply........

Meng_Tze:
In many countries this does not apply........

lol

well, i wouldn't quote the U.S. Declaration of Independence at them

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom