Trip Report Why I Won't Be Returning to Cozumel-Part 1,2&3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We got in right at La Ceiba and the lionfish was right after we got to depth at the top of the wall in about 60 FSW. The current was pretty strong, though, so I don't know how far we drifted as we descended. That's about as specific as I can say.
So right near the cruise ship pier. Where did y'all come up on that dive? I used to find a lot of them in front of the cruise ship piers at 40 meters but they seem to be all gone now. It is my understanding that they were delicious. Pretty section of wall in that area south of the international pier.

So right near the cruise ship pier. Where did y'all come up on that dive? I used to find a lot of them in front of the cruise ship piers at 40 meters but they seem to be all gone now. It is my understanding that they were delicious. Pretty section of wall in that area south of the international pier.
It was a little north of that since the current was pretty brisk and we drifted a bit getting down. We got all the way to the point where we had to come up to stay out of the zone around the car ferry dock.

Curious how you differentiated between a rash that is skin bends vs. a wetsuit rash. I got a rash once in South Africa and emailed pictures to a DAN doctor who decided they weren't DCS related, but I'm not sure how much I trust that.

Curious how you differentiated between a rash that is skin bends vs. a wetsuit rash. I got a rash once in South Africa and emailed pictures to a DAN doctor who decided they weren't DCS related, but I'm not sure how much I trust that.
BAAD19A6-3E62-4F2E-B1BF-9E21FBED9FEE.jpeg

Why not see a South African doctor?

Why not see a South African doctor?
I have called DAN to discuss issues and ask if I should see a doctor, and if so which one.

I have called DAN to discuss issues and ask if I should see a doctor, and if so which one.

Always a good idea but I would rather see a doctor than rely on an online pic diagnosis. SA has excellent medical facilities.

SA has excellent medical facilities.
All well and good if needed, but if I can get an expert to tell me that my rash is nothing to worry about by sending a photo, I'd prefer the easy way.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The side discussion of how to treat ear problems has been split and moved to another forum....located here. Managing scuba ear problems (not equalizing) Marg, SB Senior Moderator

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom