Trip Report Why I Won't Be Returning to Cozumel-Part 1,2&3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for your post.
There aren't enough studs posting on this forum to give proper perspective.
You‘re welcome. The thread got derailed so i figured I would kick it back on track and bring things back to the topic at hand. I thumped my chest when i wrote it bc, ya know…preference to diving locale is all about manliness. I appreciate your contribution as well. Kudos to you and thank you kindly, the board needs the levity that you bring

My wife was talking to a client who used to dive Cozumel extensively 20+ years ago and loved it. However, she visited again in 2019 and was heartbroken with how much it had deteriorated - she described it as mostly dead coral with far less sea life than what she had seen in the past - to the point it made her quite sad and she regretted going.
The coral around Cozumel is not "mostly dead" or anything remotely close to that. I was just there last week; my wife and I dove 40 tanks in 10 days of diving. We had a great time, but of course YMMV.

I'm about to go in for major surgery on my cervical spine in a couple of days. Can't wait to see that bill. People should keep in mind that the stereotypes of foreign medical care are malarky. I have received better medical care around the world than here and oh, so much cheaper. Just because something doesn't look familiar or come with a giant price tag does not mean it is substandard.

In many ways the US healthcare system is years behind other countries. I'll go to Brazil for that butt lift and Thailand for the katoy surgery.
What are you having/did you have done? I'm scheduled for a cervical laminoplasty (C4-C7) August 1. Whatever your procedure, best wishes for a fast and full recovery!

The coral around Cozumel is not "mostly dead" or anything remotely close to that. I was just there last week; my wife and I dove 40 tanks in 10 days of diving. We had a great time, but of course YMMV.
It was most definitely not "mostly dead" when we were there in April of 2019 either. To claim that it was, is nonsense.

It was most definitely not "mostly dead" when we were there in April of 2019 either. To claim that it was, is nonsense.
I have been diving Cozumel for a week or two at least once a year since 1994 except for (ptooey) 2020. I have seen changes, sure; Hurricane Wilma in 2005 did a number on many of the shallow sites and there is an ebb and flow of different critters, but the diving there remains excellent IMO.

I'm about to go in for major surgery on my cervical spine in a couple of days. Can't wait to see that bill. People should keep in mind that the stereotypes of foreign medical care are malarky. I have received better medical care around the world than here and oh, so much cheaper. Just because something doesn't look familiar or come with a giant price tag does not mean it is substandard.

In many ways the US healthcare system is years behind other countries. I'll go to Brazil for that butt lift and Thailand for the katoy surgery.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

"Katoy surgery" in Thailand!!! I still do not understand why tourists want to see those shows!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom