Why I Don't Like Beach Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A garden sprayer full of water makes a simple portable shower (boaters trick). Fill with fresh water before you depart and it'll be reasonably warm when you need it. A few strokes of the pump to pressurize and you should be able to rinse sand/salt off each other.

Groundhog246:
A garden sprayer full of water makes a simple portable shower (boaters trick). Fill with fresh water before you depart and it'll be reasonably warm when you need it. A few strokes of the pump to pressurize and you should be able to rinse sand/salt off each other.

WOW!!! That's a great Idea..

Thanks Joe

one should have a goal when one goes diving, my goal in a beach dive is to walk ALL the way onto the beach I get closer and closer, seems that last 6 inches, puts me to my knees, then it is all over. off comes the BC and tank, then I get to stand up , Oh well at least I do not roll all over the surf like the first time.

Hehe, I have lots of wave stories! Most involve small sailboats and kayaks...and me trying to surf in them. All I will say is sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! I am going shore diving for the first time this comming weekend when I go to Ocean Fest...I'm sure I'll have similar gripes.

That was a great narrative! I'm stuck at work on Mother's Day and I couldn't help cracking up! Sounds like you have the same twisted sarcastic humor my hubby does. :thumb:

Marc,

what's soooooooo funny, is that Deerfield beach is one of my fav places to do a shore dive! :D The octopi and Carribean Reef squid are always abundant and it is so neat to explore teh patch coral.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom