Why extra air when solo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The never ending subject of redundant air.

Why is so difficult to understand that:

1- When taking a class with requirements, one has to comply with those requirements. Doesn't matter if it is equipment, behavior, or lunch hour.
2- When diving off some boat, one has to comply with the rules of that boat. Doesn't matter if the boat is private or a charter. Doesn't matter if the rule makes sense or not.
3- When you want to do your dives in a way other than the "accepted" ways of the current time, you have to do it on your own, not as part of the "community". Doesn't matter how one used to do it back when we learned or whatever other explanation.

I don't follow all the "accepted" ways of today's diving, so I don't dive with charters or pretty much with any other people. Few exceptions and always make a point to inform whoever is going to dive with me, how I do my diving. From the moment they came out with the "solo certification" I thought that was weird. That happened so long ago, even I got used to accept that most people have to be taught instead of going out and learn.

You either join the "diving society" and follow the rules or you have to find your own diving.
Hello. Hence the name. "Outlaw." Solo Diver.:wink:
Cheers.

Cheers.

Well.... you're only an "outlaw" if you go in a boat that doesn't allow solo and you attempt and succeed diving solo. Or they require whatever and you do dive but don't follow the requirements. Am I right?

I'm a law abiding diver, I strictly follow the diving laws and regulations of my boat.

Cheers.

Well.... you're only an "outlaw" if you go in a boat that doesn't allow solo and you attempt and succeed diving solo. Or they require whatever and you do dive but don't follow the requirements. Am I right?

I'm a law abiding diver, I strictly follow the diving laws and regulations of my boat.

Charters in SE FL have a range of requirements, I always comply with them

I strictly follow the diving laws and regulations of my boat.
Uh, YOUR boat??

I strictly follow the winds and the tides. My final wishes are to have my ashes dumped into an outrunning flow. It sometimes amuses me to see how hard some people (not you) try to rescue me from what is inevitable...

Is a "boat" something that people who can't do real diving use? Some sort of crutch for the rich?

In answer to the OP the beauty about solo diving is you can suit yourself how you do it. You can cover yourself in redundant tanks or suck air through a bamboo whatever you wish. Personally I switched to side mount last year and that was the first time I carried redundancy at any depth.

Reactions: Ana
"Voilà".

What has a string instrument to do with redundant gas?

You really are boring.

Uh, YOUR boat??

I strictly follow the winds and the tides. My final wishes are to have my ashes dumped into an outrunning flow. It sometimes amuses me to see how hard some people (not you) try to rescue me from what is inevitable...

Yes my boat.... I gone around for few decades and was lucky to have the opportunity to see the world on the US Navy's dime, had to follow many rules, and now I dive my way in my little boat. Far from being rich but I am comfortable and I dive "my way".

My husband and I agreed that when the day comes ... Our remains are to be disposed of in the most practical way depending on the place laws. Preferably ashes to the ocean but if it has to be on a tupperware into some home that's fine too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom