Why extra air when solo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is a "boat" something that people who can't do real diving use? Some sort of crutch for the rich?
It used to be a kayak, but I worked hard and didn't follow fashions. Instead I saved my cents and got a vessel with an engine, so yes... I do my diving from my boat, and I love it. My schedule, my rules my way of diving.

Is a "boat" something that people who can't do real diving use?
No, it's something that people who want to dive locally, not being dependent on commercial ops, use.

And while a boat can be defined as a hole in the water which you throw money into, and while the only really happy days in a boat-owner's life is the day they buys the boat and the day they sells the boat, you don't have to be filthy rich to own one. If you buy a small hole in the water, you only need a moderate amount of disposable income. It might even be cheaper than spending a bunch of money to travel abroad to dive.

Back
Top Bottom