Why Don't you Have a Pony yet?...or ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No Grazie, that's a good point, which brings a question to mind. Would you dive with the valve off or on?

The lesson was driven home to me when my buddy's deco bottle leaked during a training dive. It was readily apparent to him. I think the instructor may have arranged it as a problem solving task.

Diver Dennis:
No Grazie, that's a good point, which brings a question to mind. Would you dive with the valve off or on?

Dive with the valve off. Turn on the valve, check the pressure gauge, remove the reg from the bungee, purge it, then make your gas switch.

I always pressurize the hose and the turn it off....the reg starts delivering air after just a few turns and, having tried it, I know I can get air from it even if cut off on an exhale sooner than I need to...

having someone turn of your air when you´re least expecting it is, IMO, a feature of any good "advanced" diver training...(which is why I feel confident about the way I dive)

But, it's OK to back mount an Argon bottle. hmmmm, wondering why that is.

No, you don't breathe it, but it could become critical if you need to use your DS for buoyancy..... Someone must have the quick answer for me....... Risk vs. rewards?

grazie42:
having someone turn of your air when you´re least expecting it is, IMO, a feature of any good "advanced" diver training...(which is why I feel confident about the way I dive)

That is the kind of confidence I am seeking. I am still learning and looking forward to my next class.

But, it's OK to back mount an Argon bottle. hmmmm, wondering why that is.

No, you don't breathe it, but it could become critical if you need to use your DS for buoyancy..... Someone must have the quick answer for me....... Risk vs. rewards?

don´t use argon?

Share your buddy's inflator hose?

argon is a heavy gas, yea?

Where are "we" gonna put the pony gauges, Dennis? I don't do air integrated and I don't have all the back up stuff you have. I just have my Sunnto and my SPG from Soggy.

Honestly, if I had to sling the bottle, I would just forget it. (hey maybe I should just get the small spare air? :wink: , or breathe from my bc)

Dennis, the point about hanging inverted or crawling through spaces is a good one. I think hovering upside down would be tough with a sideslung....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom