Why Don't you Have a Pony yet?...or ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The chances of ever needing the pony are quite small in my opinion and air will be just fine for me. Why worry about having a hot mix? The other thing is that you can get air anywhere.

I think the only thing we learned on this thread is that JeffG can be trained. :)

I think Dennis is right about the mix. If you're using a pony for bailout, doesn't it make sense to put something in it that you can breathe at any point during the dive?

R..

Originally Posted by Diver0001:
I think the only thing we learned on this thread is that JeffG can be trained.

I think Dennis is right about the mix. If you're using a pony for bailout, doesn't it make sense to put something in it that you can breathe at any point during the dive?

I´m not sure about JeffG... :wink:

As to the bail-out....what you could breathe at any point of the dive would depend on...the dive...wouldn´t it? A lot of diving is done...for example...above 60ft...

yeah, that's right. It's important to be able to breathe it. It's not really that important what's in it though.

R..

not for using it as a bail-out.

but you could also, assuming that your dive didn´t require you to bail-out (as hopefully most dives won´t) , to come out of the water cleaner/faster.

As the OP feels sleepy after two dives this may actually highten her enjoyment of the dive and maybe even make her more alert, thus safer, during the second dive...

grazie42:
I´m not sure about JeffG... :wink:

As to the bail-out....what you could breathe at any point of the dive would depend on...the dive...wouldn´t it? A lot of diving is done...for example...above 60ft...

I agree but I would like to fill it once a trip, not depending on the dive. I switch my mixes between 32, 36 and air and the one gas that would cover all these situations is air. My pony is bail out only.

grazie42:
not for using it as a bail-out.

She doesn't want to sling a deco bottle. Does anyone mount their deco bottles next to their tanks?

She doesen´t?
Last I heard, she hadn´t even decided if or what kind of pony she was going to get...
Nevermind where to place it...

And as to your question: I´m sure that someone, somewhere does...maybe they´ll even come here and post about it if asked nicely?

DiverDennis....I would agree that in that context air is the way to go...but different dives/procedures/divers have different, optimal, solutions...

grazie42:
She doesen´t?

That's what I gleaned from her responses to me. And Dr. Bill opined that a slung bottle interferes with camera work, which would seem to be an important consideration for Catherine.

You're trying to lure Catherine to the dark side... :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom