Why Don't you Have a Pony yet?...or ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe there should be 30-day posting-quarantine on all certs not just dir-f?

JeffG:

You've been disappointing! I've been waiting for you to ask an annoying question like, "How much of your CNS 02 clock would you use breathing 50% at 15 feet for 6 minutes?"

You haven't even chastised me about deep air....:D

grazie42:
Maybe there should be 30-day posting-quarantine on all certs not just dir-f?

I'm taking the classes mostly because of all the crap I have taken over the years here. Finally sunk in that I needed more training to be a safer diver doing the kind of dives I like to do. It's rolling downhill...:D

redhatmama:
You've been disappointing! I've been waiting for you to ask an annoying question like, "How much of your CNS 02 clock would you use breathing 50% at 15 feet for 6 minutes?"

You haven't even chastised me about deep air....:D
This is the Solo divers forum. I only joined to watch the ChrisCrash train wreck. This is not my place to comment on anything.

see? you are trainable.

catherine96821:
see? you are trainable.
Every man is....to a point :wink:

dherbman:
Will you summarize what you've gotten out of this thread? What's the plan?

oh, no, you don't.

Somehow, I have dived since 1976 without getting you to approve my flight plan.

basically, I am going to ask anybody anything I want and then.....go do whatever I want, maybe even by myself. See? all this supervision by young pups like you just brings out the best in me...usually I am so nice.

But, feel free to post your own plan. where is captain when I need him? or nemrod?

catherine96821:
oh, no, you don't.

Somehow, I have dived since 1976 without getting you to approve my flight plan.

basically, I am going to ask anybody anything I want and then.....go do whatever I want, maybe even by myself. See? all this supervision by young pups like you just brings out the best in me...usually I am so nice.

I ain't lookin to surpervise you
Scrutinize you or advise you
All I realllllyyyyy want to doooOOOOOooooo is .........

Just wondering what sense you made out of the mish mash of good and bad. I have a judgement score of 1, but I do appreciate the young pup tag. :kiss:

Ah, you edited....

My plan is simple, but dynamic. For now, solo dives are limited to 80' in depth, no overhead and are planned. I like the idea of a pony and will likely start using a 30ft3 some time this summer. It will be slung and used only as a bail out. It will contain air or EAN with a MOD no shallower than my back gas.
I don't think that solo is for everyone. For that matter, I don't think scuba is for everyone. For that reason, I don't make my solo diving known or defend it when asked about it. I'll talk about the risks and the fact that it is a personal choice, but I really don't want to be a factor in someone else making the decision to solo.

Back
Top Bottom