Why Don't you Have a Pony yet?...or ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
oh, no, you don't.

Somehow, I have dived since 1976 without getting you to approve my flight plan.

basically, I am going to ask anybody anything I want and then.....go do whatever I want, maybe even by myself. See? all this supervision by young pups like you just brings out the best in me...usually I am so nice.

But, feel free to post your own plan. where is captain when I need him? or nemrod?

Seems you are doing a pretty good job of defending yourself.

I do agree with you Grazie about the different solutions for different situations and I am taking Advanced Nitrox and Extended Range soon.

I think you should read the first post of this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=74063&highlight=pony
and then maybe...think again....as always...YMMV...

I could dig up a bunch of similar threads but if 1 such thread doesen´t change your mind then a few more propably won´t either...and it is YOUR choice...

yes...that´s why i found it so quickly but you can still learn something from it...which was that op´s intent...most of the learning is done by thinking about the first post though...the rest?...not so much...IMO

Grazie, I have no argument with you about whether to mount or sling.

I know...

That is an interesting point Grazie. Why would he not surface with the first guy who went up? I dive solo now and having a pony is just for bail out in case of equipment failure. It would not change my diving style in that if I get low on air, I'm going up, period. I understand what you are saying though, some divers might stay down with the false sense of security that the bail out can give them. The pony designated as a bail out should never be used on a normal dive.
I'm surprised that no one came up to him U/W and signaled he had a leak. I've seen leaks from main tanks quit a few times and always let the diver know as soon as I see it.

redhatmama:
Everyone on scubaboard knows that thread....

I had never seen it.... But then I miss a lot.

I was to be latter advised that I seemed to have a significant leak from the Pony’s first stage, though, and that back-plan played out all too quickly

Is the point I was trying to make (without having to say so and sound like a "dark side preacher":wink: )
With the bail-out on your back...you may not have a bail-out when you need it...and you´ll have no way of knowing until you do need it unless you start checking that spg as often as your regular one...which I´d think unlikely...

But, to take the edge of what sounds like preaching, even to me...YMMV :D

Back
Top Bottom