Why doesn't the USA adopt officially the metric unit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just for giggles, what if the compass you dive with was calibrated in radians or grads, the two "other" ways of measuring an arc? Now wouldn't that be fun?
On land I use a compass that is measured in Mills....far more accurate than degrees:D

but it shouldn't happen during a full moon and it was a full moon according to a preceding scene. :) It should have been 2 weeks earlier during the new moon, right?
Aye, you got it... it was the full moon the night of the eclipse...
Rick

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I have deleted posts that contained anti-semitic remarks as well as those referencing said post. If I missed any, PLEASE use the report post feature. Hate is not a family value and we don't allow it here. Thanks.

Just checked my radian compass. Nice markings of pi at West. pi/2 at North, pi/4 is NE, pi/8 is ENE, pi/16 is E by N.

Wow. We just reinvented the old mariners compass with 32 points of 11-1/2 degrees or pi/16 radians each.
So, figuring your one radian clockwise from East, you'd go for a reciprocal of about 212.7°, eh?
In round numbers, that is :)
Rick

you forgot "you cant make us"

:D

edit: opps, that wasnt there while i was typing!

oh, but we can make them, Almytywife. By showing them continuously how much it's a better system. They will understand... one day... with a lot of patience :D

oh, but we can make them, Almytywife. By showing them continuously how much it's a better system. They will understand... one day... with a lot of patience :D

kinda like the water torture/treatment.... just keep at 'em :D

maybe we should start of small... like getting them to use 's' instead of 'z' in all their spelling :D

so what sounds better.... $1.20 per litre of petrol or $4.54 per gallon???

:10:

Back
Top Bottom