Why doesn't PADI manufacture dive gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirdiversrule

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Since PADI is the biggest and the best recreational certifying agency out there. I am curious why they don't make dive gear? They have the best instructors on the planet and everyone would buy it because it would be the best on the market. Why wouldn't they make dive gear?

Thoughts?

That is not their business. Instuction is.

Since PADI is the biggest and the best recreational certifying agency out there. I am curious why they don't make dive gear? They have the best instructors on the planet and everyone would buy it because it would be the best on the market. Why wouldn't they make dive gear?

Thoughts?
"PADI is the best agency and has the best instructors on the planet" is NOT what I'd expect to hear from someone with the handle "DIRdiversRule".

Maybe the head PADI considers it to be a conflict of interest to both run a certifying agency and be CEO of a related equipment manufacturer. Of course, were one to be the best agency out there with the best instructors on the planet, maybe one could pull it off. :D

A similar question to that posed by the OP is: Why doesn't the DMV manufacture cars?

That is not their business. Instuction is.

Instruction isn't even their business. Publication is.

Maybe the head PADI considers it to be a conflict of interest to both run a certifying agency and be CEO of a related equipment manufacturer.

hah

:rofl3:

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I have a few thoughts...

First one is that you enjoy trolling. Several of the posts you've made since your arrival seem to be aimed at stirring controversy. It seems like just yesterday you were pontificating about getting a home equity loan to by Halcyon gear since it "is the best made and doesn't lose it's value." Now you're wanting PADI to make gear; perhaps you're interested in a double mortgage?

Second is that you have an offbeat, although somewhat entertaining outlook on things.

Third, you'd make a good arsonist. You set fires, then just sit back and watch. Most of the threads you've started you don't participate in. You just strike the match then watch them burn.

But thats just off the top of my head. Let me think about it some more and I'll get back to you... :wink:

You must be high.

Someone spiked his Kool-aide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom