Why doesn't PADI manufacture dive gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dirdiversrule, you are a ****ing jackass and I don't want the **** you have for brains leaking out your ears and polluting the water in which I dive.

Gee thanks! With such an inspiring post I can't wait to dive with someone like you. :lotsalove:

This has to be a troll. He says he is a PADI instructor but for agency he lists " GUE of course". and he's a DIR fundies diver or so he says. As to Halcyon being the best it's certainly some of the most expensive. But then again a Hummer H2 costs alot of money but doesn't have half the cargo room of my GMC Envoy so to me it's worthless. And as for PADI's hats they suck too. Ordered a DM hat when I got DM so that it would be easy for students to spot me. Well DM is on the back for chrissakes in small letters that blend in real well with the hat while PADI's logo is real big on the front. I haven't worn or even seen it in a long time and I'm not broken up over it. Rather have a generic with Divemaster. AI. or Instructor on the front so I don't look like a friggin billboard. ANd yeah they are more about publications than instruction. Instruction is just to sell more stuff. My YMCA instructor materials are not costing me as much as the retail on a PADI instructor manual. My NAUI was even less. I traded for it. PADI OW,AOW and DM course outlines. PDF files rock.

It sounds like you are jealous of PADI.

By the way, I am looking into buying a Hummer too. I heard a lot of the DIR instructors drive them (like David Rhea)

For starters, it's glaringly obvious you are a troll. On the VERY outside chance that you're not, why don't you try to form opinions of your own instead of just saying "well the GUE did it, so it must be best, I'll go buy one now"?

For starters, it's glaringly obvious you are a troll. On the VERY outside chance that you're not, why don't you try to form opinions of your own instead of just saying "well the GUE did it, so it must be best, I'll go buy one now"?

I have formed my own opinions. Like when I took a GUE course and my PADI IE.

I align myself with the best organizations. PADI is the biggest and best. It is obvious because of how big they are and the great instructors and divers they turn out. GUE is the best technical agency out there by far. No other agency has done what they have done.

I have heard that other agencies were really jealous of these agencies but I can't believe the hostility I encounter on this board! Like the guy who said he was a YMCA instructor. What has YMCA done in the last 50 years?

OK, I am new to SB and dont understand all of the "lingo". I read this thread because the thought of PADI creating something else for all divers to have to pay out the exhaust valve for was pretty funny. I think aloth of us have already "put our dollars" in to the PADI thing at least one time or another. My question though doesnt have anything to do with that. Could someone please tell me what trolling is? I am sorry if I sound stupid asking this, I am truely not trying to sound stupid. I am just a newby.
Thanks!!

Oh, and one other thing "Jammer". Your profile says you have 50-99 dives but you have posted 1,132 times on this board. Who are you to say anything to me. Try getting in the water sometime before you start typing again.

:dork2:

Oh, and one other thing "Jammer". Your profile says you have 50-99 dives but you have posted 1,132 times on this board. Who are you to say anything to me. Try getting in the water sometime before you start typing again.

:dork2:

LOL, well I'm officially done with anything you have to say, and you are VERY obviously a troll. According to your profile, you have 50-99 dives, been diving one year, and are a PADI instructor and GUE diver...BS. I've been diving for 14 years, the 50-99 is since I decided to take diving seriously again about 18 months ago. Now go hide under your bridge, I'm done with this.

OK, I am new to SB and dont understand all of the "lingo". I read this thread because the thought of PADI creating something else for all divers to have to pay out the exhaust valve for was pretty funny. I think aloth of us have already "put our dollars" in to the PADI thing at least one time or another. My question though doesnt have anything to do with that. Could someone please tell me what trolling is? I am sorry if I sound stupid asking this, I am truely not trying to sound stupid. I am just a newby.
Thanks!!

Trolling is posting to an internet message board with the specific intent of starting some drama. Or just a totally stupid thread like "PADI should make their own gear".

LOL, well I'm officially done with anything you have to say, and you are VERY obviously a troll. According to your profile, you have 50-99 dives, been diving one year, and are a PADI instructor and GUE diver...BS. I've been diving for 14 years, the 50-99 is since I decided to take diving seriously again about 18 months ago. Now go hide under your bridge, I'm done with this.

Uh huh. Right. Serious diving. That explains why you have posted 1,132 times. Oh! I mean 1,133 with that last one. I am sure someone with all your experience in 14 years of diving, oh I mean, last 18 months with 50-99 dives can learn from all your experience in your 1,133 posts. That is an average of 11 to 22 posts per dive you have made. And you make fun of my posts? I'll be sure to read everyone of your posts since based on your experience you really sound like you know what you are doing.

Are you kidding me? Get real. Go diving and stop posting so much. 1,133 posts in 18 months!?!?! Heck, forget going diving, at least just try to get out of the house once a week.

PS - My profile is old too. Everyone knows that PADI won't accept you unless you have a lot of varied experience. I had to have 100 dives to be accepted into my IE. ( I had 101)

... another quality, informative thread on ScubaBoard ... ya have to wonder what all the new divers think when they log on here looking for useful content ... :shakehead:

Makes me long for Pilot Fish ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom