Why do yoke valve connecters even exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just want two things that connect with a reasonable degree of reliability, I'll take the personal responsibility from there...

I'm a huge DIN fan and will never dive anything else if given the choice. I do have to admit that the number of dives worldwide being dove yoke daily and the nearly complete lack of failures in anything other than theory leads me to the conclusion that Yoke does provide you with a "reasonable degree of reliability."

Threaded connections.... Wow! Are we in a cutting edge area here or what? Certification should definitely be mandatory. Simple study materials though..."lefty loosey, righty tightly....

I have two DIN valves where the regs don't seat properly and leak because of this exact problem.

Here is something that might help you.

A member of our group had that problem. A doubles set had fallen, and one of the DIN valves was out of round in the way you describe. We took a steel DIN plug and used a wrench to screw it all the way into the valve. Voila! It was back in round and fully usable again.

I'd love to see some actual numbers of valve failures (or more generally, how much maintenance is required) in rental tank fleets, yoke fleets vs DIN fleets.

Here is something that might help you.

A member of our group had that problem. A doubles set had fallen, and one of the DIN valves was out of round in the way you describe. We took a steel DIN plug and used a wrench to screw it all the way into the valve. Voila! It was back in round and fully usable again.

Interesting... I'll pick one of those up and try it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom