Why do we hate the Air2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds almost as bad as my screwed-up set-up. AIR2, Primary and a pony. We should go diving together and see how many different ways we can share air.

On a related note, I know you made your comment in jest but I knew a guy who was on a search/recovery team for the volunteer fire department. He wanted to get an octo for every available port he had. To quote him 'That a way I could bring up like 4 or 5 people at a time.' :shakehead:

I lost contact with him after that but I have to admit, I did want a picture of this configuration. It brings new meaning to the term Octopus.

But did he not consider the possibility that someday he might need to rescue a sumerged school bus full of victims, and only 4 or 5 alternates simply would not suffice? The man needs to anticipate every conceivable scenario! :gas:

:wink:

That's why I always bungie a 3000 lb liftbag to the side of my tank.

... of course, if you're planning to fill it, that better be a damn big tank ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's why I always bungie a 3000 lb liftbag to the side of my tank.
That is a seriously bad strategy.

If you bungee a bag of that size on the side of your tank, you will create tremendous drag on the side of the tank. I will make swimming very awkward and inefficient. That is why I prefer to carry two 1,500 lb bags, one on each side. It balances things out much better. It is also much easier to rig two bags to a bus-like object. You do have to carry a lot of rope as well, but if you have one bag near the front and one near the back, it is much easier to balance.

Try it and see if you don't like it better.

That is a seriously bad strategy.

If you bungee a bag of that size on the side of your tank, you will create tremendous drag on the side of the tank. I will make swimming very awkward and inefficient. That is why I prefer to carry two 1,500 lb bags, one on each side. It balances things out much better. It is also much easier to rig two bags to a bus-like object. You do have to carry a lot of rope as well, but if you have one bag near the front and one near the back, it is much easier to balance.

Try it and see if you don't like it better.

And suddenly we have the inception of "Bungie Wings" of D_____ :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom