Why do we hate the Air2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of you who are sad to see this thread die, don't despair. As is true of almost all ScubaBoard threads of this ilk, before long someone will come across it, read the first couple of posts, and then write a response, the substance of which has already been talked to death. The thread will be revived and will soon be going strong again.

... or more likely, someone with an axe to grind will create a new thread and we can have the exact same conversation all over again ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I see Wormil is browsing this thread. Perhaps he will bestow on us some of his wisdom on the subject matter......which was what by the way?

... or more likely, someone with an axe to grind will create a new thread and we can have the exact same conversation all over again ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

What's the deal with deep air?

I don't hate BCD mounted alternate regs. I switched back to a conventional inflator hose and "octo" alternate because all the buttons on my Air3 were just too confusing to use.

I've never had to use an BCD mount in air sharing, or for that matter a conventional octo. I did use a "long hose" from someone else. That's what I plan to use in the future, but I'm hesitant to go in that direction without
getting training.

ok. good post.

I don't hate BCD mounted alternate regs. I switched back to a conventional inflator hose and "octo" alternate because all the buttons on my Air3 were just too confusing to use.

THREE buttons: power inflate (small & round), manual inflate/deflate (large & rectangular), and the regulator purge button. How was that confusing? How do you work a camera?

New here, and only my second post. My first was over at the NASDS check in.

Anyway... I just read this entire thread. Executive summary: seems lots of people like the Air2 concept, most others are generally neutral, and everyone agrees you should practice with whatever gear you have to help ensure safety in an emergency. Good stuff.

After all the reading I decided to purchase a Zeagle Octo-Z. Why? Cause I like it.

Now, as to the DIR stuff, are these the same folks who have taken all the color out of this sport and replaced it with black everything because it looks tech? :eyebrow:

Just let this thread die bro... let it die.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom