Why can't people (me) just make up their mind, already.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... . If you don't want hoseless AI then for get I said anything.:D

I vote for a Datamask, or something else.:rofl3::rofl3:

I appreciate your decisiveness. :wink:

Problem with a data mask is . . . if it gets kicked off, and you cannot grab it, you have lost a pretty darned expensive piece of equipment.

Also, if you have to send it in for work, you've lost your favorite mask.

Lastly, by putting readers (or full Rx lens) in your mask, the choice of other equipment does not need to be affected by vision.

As for the camera . . . it's easier to tell when it's out of focus when you have lenses in your mask. :wink:

I appreciate your decisiveness. :wink:

If you want hose-less AI....I will stick with my suggestion of a DataMask. I wear glasses, they are required for me to drive. I can see the display without a problem. I like my DataMask just fine.

There, do you feel better now? Now I have opened myself to all kinds of comments about my personal choice which in some threads is like blood letting in shark infested water.:rofl3::rofl3:

Good luck in finding the right one. I have found what I wanted.:D

Do you reallllllyyy want to go console? One of the units i was looking at was the oceanic vt4.. Its bigger then a traditional watch dive computer--- yet smaller then the luna.. Has wireless AI--can check multiple transmitters(so you can check on wifeys/gfs or both's air supply without having to ask and try and get data from them)--dual algorithm's( so can use dsat on shallower repetitive dives or z+ nor more tech style dives)--not to much more expensive then your pp2.1.. I wont use my watch style dive computer as a walk around watch-- so i like that the vt4 is bigger then a traditional(d9/oc1) style dive watch(more data-- easier to read while actually diving)..

throw some reader inserts into your mask-- and a good sized wireless AI wrist based computer-- and off ya go :)

Just don't go Suunto . . . too conservative . . .

Problem with a data mask is . . . if it gets kicked off, and you cannot grab it, you have lost a pretty darned expensive piece of equipment.

Also, if you have to send it in for work, you've lost your favorite mask.

Lastly, by putting readers (or full Rx lens) in your mask, the choice of other equipment does not need to be affected by vision.

As for the camera . . . it's easier to tell when it's out of focus when you have lenses in your mask. :wink:

See Gator, I told ya somebody would come up with a reason to bash my choice.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

See Gator, I told ya somebody would come up with a reason to bash my choice.:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Not bashing your choice - I'm assuming you made one that is right for you.

Just letting Gary know some of the cons. I was on a boat where a guy lost his -- came up after a successful dive, and hung the mask on his valve. Someone 'ungearing' next to him caught it up and over the side it went. Hate to watch a man cry. :(

Ever since my eyes went "old":depressed:
I went the PP2 way, loved it ever since.

Just my 2 cts

Ever since my eyes went "old":depressed:
I went the PP2 way, loved it ever since.

Just my 2 cts

PP2? :huh:

PP2? :huh:
@Jax: 300bar is referring to the Oceanic Pro Plus 2.
As discussed earlier in this thread, this particular computer has very large numbers on the display.
Just don't go Suunto . . . too conservative . . .
Perhaps a diver with presbyopia would be best served with a conservative dive computer.

Back
Top Bottom