Why can I not Paste from clipboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, that looks pretty - especially as I generally only see sand and concrete...[/QUOTE]
So, you can see those, but not the one from Chrome? Interesting. Just to be sure, you can see pics from both FireFox and MSEdge, but not from the first post with a pic???

So, you can see those, but not the one from Chrome? Interesting. Just to be sure, you can see pics from both FireFox and MSEdge, but not from the first post with a pic???

It is true in my case. Do you think it is a file size related issue?

Oh, that looks pretty - especially as I generally only see sand and concrete...
So, you can see those, but not the one from Chrome? Interesting. Just to be sure, you can see pics from both FireFox and MSEdge, but not from the first post with a pic???[/QUOTE]

Correct.

The Latter two, or yoru little hooligans (cats) and the field with trees are fine

The original one still has a No Entry sign, but there is clearly a place holder for the picture on yoru post and you get the little black box telling you to click for a larger picture. Doing so just gives a large blank area if that helps

upload_2018-7-2_17-56-36.png

Copy n Paste using Windows Snip tool

I'm using the latest Chrome and just copied both lines from the respective apps. Have you tried WordPad?
I'm using Google Chrome 67.0.3396.99, on a Win-7, and copy & paste just worked for that. I don't think I have Wordpad.

Copy n Paste using Windows Snip tool

Now that is interesting, the image I see is same gray-tone dash inside a circle except this is displayed at the top:

"All the time or just some of the time? I cut and paste here all the time, but sometimes it simply stops working. When it does that a clean restart resolves the problem. Here's a pic of the woods I've cleaned up that I've copied and pasted:"​

Here is the small part of the image inPost #2 with red text added in case it also was displaying to everyone else as the dash:

upload_2018-7-2_7-6-2.png

I don't think I have Wordpad.
I believe it's been a part of the Windoze operating system since 3.11. Open Windows Explorer and do a search. I used Cortana, but I'm on Win10. Here is my path:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\wordpad.exe

It is true in my case. Do you think it is a file size related issue?
You can see the pics in the FireFox and Edge, but not the first image I posted. Very interesting. I guess it has to do with the interface between xenForo and the browsers. If you can for sure see it in FireFox, then I'm switching right now. I think it's now faster than Chrome, so that's a plus.

I believe it's been a part of the Windoze operating system since 3.11. Open Windows Explorer and do a search.
OK, I do seem to have Wordpad. I can copy & paste from Notepad to Wordpad ok, then then if I copy from Wordpad and paste here - nothing.

It could be the original text. If I type a new sentence in Notepad, I can copy & paste that here.

It could be the original text. If I type a new sentence in Notepad, I can copy & paste that here.
yeah, until you "save" it, it might be retaining the same formatting. The interwebs lives on unicode and Word does not. Getting the two to jive is the issue. Have you tried a different browser like FireFox? I think I'm changing to that based on how it handles images.

Back
Top Bottom