Why can I not Paste from clipboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@DandyDon another thought is to use <ctrl><shift>&<v>. That forces the paste to be in "plain text". I find that I have to use that when copying from certain websites.

@DandyDon another thought is to use <ctrl><shift>&<v>. That forces the paste to be in "plain text". I find that I have to use that when copying from certain websites.

FYI to all: It is also an option on the Chrome right-click menu:
upload_2018-7-2_9-51-33.png

FYI to all: It is also an option on the Chrome right-click menu:
Oh sure... give them the easy way to do it. I see how you roll. :D

yeah, until you "save" it, it might be retaining the same formatting. The interwebs lives on unicode and Word does not. Getting the two to jive is the issue. Have you tried a different browser like FireFox? I think I'm changing to that based on how it handles images.
Odd, as I often copy & paste to Notepad to remove formatting.

Hmm, copy & paste from the Notepad document in question does seem to work on Firefox.

There's some basic incompatibility between Windows 7 and Xenforo. They're never going to fix it as the Win7 installed base keeps shrinking.

The solution is to not copy/paste documents out of a word processor - either Word, Open Office, maybe even Win7 versions of Wordpad since they can add special formatting characters.

Always saving as plain text seems to help. That will eliminate any bolding or special formatting even when applied in Wordpad - and I think the font changes also.

To add that back into your post - upload it then use our formatting tools on the post toolbar.

We had similar problems when the board switched to Xenforo - older versions of Windows are not 100% supported by them.

The solution is to not copy/paste documents out of a word processor - either Word, Open Office, maybe even Win7 versions of Wordpad since they can add special formatting characters.

FYI to all: In addition to this and pasting as plain text (Ctrl-Shift-V), you can also switch the editing window to BB Code mode and paste formatted text from word processors, Acrobat files, and Web sites.

upload_2018-7-2_19-5-20.png

in my experiments, pasting from every RTF editor I have tried in Win7 and 10 and with several different browsers is not reliable for other than bold, underline, and italics. Indent, hypertext links, font size and style changes, justification, font colors, bulleted lists, and font heights are not reliable.

Last edited:
...you can also switch the editing window to BB Code mode and paste formatted text from word processors, Acrobat files, and Web sites.

View attachment 467086

That works! Looks like the easiest workaround.

Back
Top Bottom