Why are physicians not ordering annual Stool Tests?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, why are physicians not ordering annual Stool Tests for all?

Did you not read my previous post to your question?

THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE!!

Did you not read my previous post to your question?

THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE!!
Well, they're not ordering colonoscopies, and the vast majority won't do them, which is why I suggest the easier and cheaper Stool Tests at least. This seems to support that approach.
I believe that FIT (Fecal Immunochemical Test) is more widely used in Europe for screening than in the US. I found this interesting: A single FIT test detects about 73 percent of colorectal cancers. But because you use FIT every year, 10 screenings over 10 years make it just as good as one colonoscopy every 10 years

Spellcheck was not your friend on that one.
Yeah, I usually google colon exam then copy, but I took a chance, and missed.
Colonoscopy. People don't want either, but you really really don't want a colostomy.
That's my point. Most don't want either, so the Stool Test is an easier and cheaper compromise. It'd be nice if physicians included those on annual exams as early in life as possible after 20.

Yeah but look at all the cool stuff you get

1648446727130.png

We get a kit in the mail every two years between 50 and 74 around birthday time ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

What a bonza country this one fella

Yeah but look at all the cool stuff you get

We get a kit in the mail every two years between 50 and 74 around birthday time ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

What a bonza country this one fella
For real? I got a photocopy of instructions on which laxative to buy and mix with how much Gatoraid I think it was. Luckily I live alone so had total access to my toilet. What is all that? Shorts included?

Oh, I found it. It's an add for stoma surgery accessories. Ostomy Essentials – Choosing Accessories

" every two years between 50 and 74" for real? I had to request the probe. I'm too old now. Maybe I'll request a Stool Test.

My first one was rough due to the anesthesia. I was pretty knocked out and it took almost a day to really wear off completely. I mentioned that to my doc (same one) at my next CS and they dialed the anesthesia way down. I was totally awake but did not feel a thing. Watched the entire thing on the screen. I walked out with zero residual from the drugs. It was 100% easier on me overall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom