Kirstie Alley waited until she had symptoms, too late!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put an event in your calendar 3 years out with a reminder a few months prior.

Kind of like birthdays and anniversaries...
Who keeps a three-year calendar? Birthdays and anniversaries are every year so not so difficult.

Here is a very interesting story on colon cancer. If this doesn't convince you that screening sucks a lot less than treatment nothing will.

Such a story. I may not readily believe it, but it's great that it worked for him. I remember telling the doctor during my last follow-up to a colonoscopy how relieved I was. I'd seen how horrible the treatment was for my brother decades ago that my age now, if she'd found stage 4, I'd start planning a trip to the closest state with assisted suicide. His suggestion to do your own research is encouraging.

Back when my brother was doing his 150-mile daily wintertime round trips for treatment, several neighbors pitched in while I tended several hundred cattle thru winter storms alone, but two in particular really came thru. One might think that they would have been eager to do their own testing, but not so. I think one of them, married to a nurse at that, was in stage 3 when his was discovered.

Early testing is best. Catch it when it's new and more easily treatable.

Okay, well, your physician will know how to order it. UPS delivers it, the tub fits your commode, put it back in the box, have UPS pick it up, and the rest is done for you. Easy peasy.

This is just my third. I dread the prep, I dread being there so early, I dread hanging around until they say I can leave, I hate it all. I just whine about such things. But at least I do them. I did a Cologuard last month, results were abnormal, so here I go.

Okay, as long as you do one, whichever. Most don't. In the United States, colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer-related deaths in men and in women, and the second most common cause of cancer deaths when numbers for men and women are combined. It's expected to cause about 52,580 deaths during 2022. It's also preventable. Even if you survive treatments, it's hell.
Gotta say, the propofol is great. Deepest sleep ever. Dangerous because of how great it is…RIP Michael Jackson.

Such a story. I may not readily believe it, but it's great that it worked for him.

Colon cancers are one of them that are major sugar hogs and there have been a number of people who successfully starved them out. A 21-day fast is not something most people are prepared or healthy enough to can do — and that was just the start!

A new class of anti-angiogenesis drugs may well lead to an effective cancer vaccine (preventing the growth of blood vessels that feed a tumor). Dr William Li is one of those docs I follow fairly closely:

Gotta say, the propofol is great. Deepest sleep ever. Dangerous because of how great it is…RIP Michael Jackson.
Propofol is awesome, safe, and effective. Fight as much as you want you can't stay awake.

There is a burn in your arm, heat in your chest, and then happiness throughout the rest of your body. You blink your eyes and then a nurse is telling you to lay on your side and fart! It's funny, even under anesthesia. Loved it. Enjoy the ride.

Gotta say, the propofol is great. Deepest sleep ever.
Is that what they use in the colonoscopy? It sounds like what they used on me last week for the stent insertions.

Propofol is a short lasting anesthetic that they use for all sorts of procedure. Very probably you had it for yours.

For my stent they offered me no anesthetic, 2 drink lunch, or out cold... I chose 2 drink lunch.

Propofol is a short lasting anesthetic that they use for all sorts of procedure. Very probably you had it for yours.

For my stent they offered me no anesthetic, 2 drink lunch, or out cold... I chose 2 drink lunch.
Choices? I never get choices. They give me a brief description of what's going to happen at times; sometimes not even that. Why would anyone choose no anesthetic? I remember them waking up to tell me something last week, but I have no memory of what it was.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom