Kirstie Alley waited until she had symptoms, too late!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Then she died.

Ask your physician to order a Color Guard test every year or a colonoscopy every 5 years! Testing works and it's not bad. Colonoscopies are best, but most won't bother. My next one is on the 30th and I am dreading it. Whichever, colon cancers are horrible but preventable with testing.

Cologuard not Color Guard. How often do you have them and why are you dreading it?

The prep has become much easier. I would discuss with insurance. Typically colonoscopies are covered under prevention. If you use cologuard and then need a colonoscopy it might be billable as treatment vs prevention. Worth asking.

Cologuard not Color Guard.
Okay, well, your physician will know how to order it. UPS delivers it, the tub fits your commode, put it back in the box, have UPS pick it up, and the rest is done for you. Easy peasy.
How often do you have them and why are you dreading it?
This is just my third. I dread the prep, I dread being there so early, I dread hanging around until they say I can leave, I hate it all. I just whine about such things. But at least I do them. I did a Cologuard last month, results were abnormal, so here I go.
The prep has become much easier. I would discuss with insurance. Typically colonoscopies are covered under prevention. If you use cologuard and then need a colonoscopy it might be billable as treatment vs prevention. Worth asking.
Okay, as long as you do one, whichever. Most don't. In the United States, colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer-related deaths in men and in women, and the second most common cause of cancer deaths when numbers for men and women are combined. It's expected to cause about 52,580 deaths during 2022. It's also preventable. Even if you survive treatments, it's hell.

I made our Friday date nights into afternoon Friday consultant appointments for me & the hubs. His family has a history of colon cancer. We are 48 & 46. Next two Fridays we took each other to get the rotorooter. All took place in less than 30 min. I called around to make sure the Dr is timely. We used the pills, Sutab. He did throw them up on 2nd set of pills. But it was pretty easy going for me. Plus having a bidet is priceless. You can get a nice add on from Amazon. Makes your bum feel fantastically clean!
I had no polyps but he had one. I go back in 5 yrs and he goes back in 3 yrs.
Best date night of the year if this rotorooter saved him from the polyp turning into something bigger.

I had very bad experiences with prep for two surgeries years ago. That awful GoLytley stuff (which I’ve always called Poop Muchly 💩). I got so sick. When my GP said I was eligible for ColonGuard since there’s no history of colon cancer in my facility, I decided to do that earlier this year. No roto-rootering this time.

My sister died from colon cancer. I get checked and have had polyps removed. The prep is bad for a day but better than the alternative. Another thing to look out for - make sure you get a shingles shot to save yourself some misery.

TWO doses for the “new” shingles vaccine. . And you’re now eligible at 50, not 60 like the previous one dose shingles vaccine. I was in bed with shingles on my 49th birthday. Horrid. I now know what to wish on my worst enemies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom