Who's diving this weekend and where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm taking my class to a lake in the auburn foothills, does that count?

I have canceled my Monterey expedition so stop by and say hello. You can dive in my pool if you want.

I dove it on Tuesday. Good vis. I'd say 20-25 feet. Temp was in the 50's dropped to 46 when we hit 80 feet. so did the Vis.
Its a lot nicer than Folsom lake.

Is the lake name a secret or will you share? I have been to Donner and Spaulding and done a few dives in Tahoe.

I was just called by one of my Students that are in Monterey at the BW right now and the conditions are horrible, Zero Vis, Huge Breakers and very bad surge...

That's a little extreme. I've had two groups come back from Breakwater in the last 90 minutes and both said it was quite diveable. Visibility was about 15' once you got out below 30'. It's not great conditions, to be sure, but Breakwater and McAbee are very doable right now. Matter of fact, another group of three just took off to do twilight dives there.

On the bright side, winds are NNW right now, 21 kts at the MB buoy and gusting up to 25 kts. That's exactly the right conditions to generate an upwelling current.

Bruce

That's a little extreme. I've had two groups come back from Breakwater in the last 90 minutes and both said it was quite diveable. Visibility was about 15' once you got out below 30'. It's not great conditions, to be sure, but Breakwater and McAbee are very doable right now. Matter of fact, another group of three just took off to do twilight dives there.

On the bright side, winds are NNW right now, 21 kts at the MB buoy and gusting up to 25 kts. That's exactly the right conditions to generate an upwelling current.

Bruce
That's good news. Thanks for the update Bruce.

-Erik

Bruce

Can someone translate the last paragraph to someone who is landlocked?

Thanks!

BAsed on the info at hand, what would one expect tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon at breakwater?

What about Sunday morning (Monterey Express) for a boat dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom