Who needs a low SAC rate???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAndDreams

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
When you can have 240cf of backgas (yes I plan on filling them to ~2900PSI..sue me) :)

shermsbabies.JPG

I will tell you, stripping these tanks was a huge PITA! It took a good 4 hours to strip most of the paint off them (using aircraft paint stripper), another hour to treat them for the rust spots, and 3 hours to put 3 coats of Cold Galvanizer on them (thanks to Leesa for the source of ZRC...)

I think next time I will just buy new hot dipped tanks....even though these came meticilous on the inside.

Ummm, you and four of your best friends sharing air in the Sea Tiger for an hour?
Thats a lot of tank!

Actually it eliminates a slung AL 80 on a 230' dive...that was pretty much the main reason :)

Scuba and Dream:
When you can have 240cf of backgas (yes I plan on filling them to ~2900PSI..sue me) :)

Only 2900psi...now thats wimpy!! :eyebrow:

well, i don't know who needs it, but i sure dont' have it

i got 286 cf on backgas just in case (twin 108's to 3500 psi)

H2Andy:
well, i don't know who needs it, but i sure dont' have it

i got 286 cf on backgas just in case (twin 108's to 3500 psi)

These mates off the mainland just don't get it when it comes to fills!!:D

lol

i wouldn't need so much, but i am an ex-smoker ... i have a SAC of .72 ... on a good day

kidspot:
so ... is a 6 hr dive at 20 fsw in order? :wink:
Well, Tim... if you want, we can do a 3 hour dive at 60' next week. I have a Drager Dolphin that will be on loan to me, and I'm looking to get some dives in on it... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom