Who is going to be at Lake Murray Saturday 9-29?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a great time at Lake Murky. Guba and I had a fun dive, but it was like dumpster diving. You almost couldn't put your hand down without grabbing a bottle or can. We saw 3 fish, several CD's and a Converse All-Star. The good thing was you could navigate by trash markers. The Capri Sun wrapper at 38 feet, take a right, go 10 kicks to the sneaker, follow the fishing line down to the busted tackle box..... you get the idea. The entry at the tower was interesting too. We basically rappelled down to the slimy rocks and back flpped into the lake. Crawl out and climb the line up the rock face. It felt very paramilitary. Nice jalapeno dogs from the SI crew. Shout out to Richerso and Timeliner. I took 2 sets of students down to the crabtrap for AOW Deep dive. Cold, dark low-viz, what more could you want..lol DIRC

Most excellent diving with everyone! It was a blast! When I saw Timeliner toss that orange roadside safety barrel, I thought it must be pretty lightweight. I chased after and sure enough, it was light as a feather! It was about to float to the surface on it's own. I thought Wow! If I could add a little bit of air to this thing . . . . . .

A quick visual inspection showed that the barrel was mostly in good condition and air tight with a large hollow opening at the base. The thing reminded me of a giant premolded lift bag. So I added air! Physics did the rest! Ha!

Sorry I missed the adventure! I wish I could have been there, but the 2 fist fights that broke out center ice within the first 8 minutes of the Stars vs. TampaBay made it somewhat worth it... :-D.

I'm game for a Saturday cleanup Adventure if anyone wants to try for a reDuex.

looking forward to it. Last time I was at Murray with Kory and John we used John's dive flag if memory serves. Is it safe to assume that someone (other than me :) ) will have a dive flag?

Kory took my dive flag (and my tanks) hostage when I left for Grand Cayman...

Rhonda @ Lake Murray
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1001/...b358c3.jpg?v=0

I'll leave the dive details to Rhonda and Tom. I am sitting here at the Dragon Lair, posting for you fine people getting over the final phases of my ear infections.
shakehead.gif

...and once I get the photo to show up, you will be able to see it!....

HEY! That's my kidnapped dive flag! I'm being opressed! See the opression inherent in the system!

Sorry I missed the adventure! I wish I could have been there, but the 2 fist fights that broke out center ice within the first 8 minutes of the Stars vs. TampaBay made it somewhat worth it... :-D.

Hockey sl*t...

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom