Who is going to be at Lake Murray Saturday 9-29?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wish I could make it. I was looking foward to meeting all of you, but unfortunately I will be sitting on a train about that time on my way to Wichita, KS. Maybe next time. Have fun ya'll.

I woke up this morning with sinus problems. I couldn't clear my ears with an air compressor right now..... :(

I hope everybody has a good time!

1458290829_dd65b358c3.jpg

I'll leave the dive details to Rhonda and Tom. I am sitting here at the Dragon Lair, posting for you fine people getting over the final phases of my ear infections. :shakehead:

1458290829_dd65b358c3.jpg

I'll leave the dive details to Rhonda and Tom. I am sitting here at the Dragon Lair, posting for you fine people getting over the final phases of my ear infections. :shakehead:

...and once I get the photo to show up, you will be able to see it!....

Thanks Kory for the clear photo,,,take care of the ear!!

Since I can't dive, I thought I would snorkel a bit on the surface, which made me notice how trashy this place is. Do Okies ever pick up after themselves?? This area is in massive need for a cleanup! Would anyone be interested in a cleanup day? If we could get 50 or so divers out for a day, I'll bet we could haul up lbs and lbs of trash. Then we could spend our SI's picking up around the diving area at Marietta landing.

Just a thought. I'd like to put something together. Maybe make a sign that tells people how to pick up their own crap....

I think Timeliner is a teacher, maybe he can teach them how to read so they can negotiate the sign.....

Since I can't dive, I thought I would snorkel a bit on the surface, which made me notice how trashy this place is. Do Okies ever pick up after themselves?? This area is in massive need for a cleanup! Would anyone be interested in a cleanup day? If we could get 50 or so divers out for a day, I'll bet we could haul up lbs and lbs of trash. Then we could spend our SI's picking up around the diving area at Marietta landing.

Just a thought. I'd like to put something together. Maybe make a sign that tells people how to pick up their own crap....

I think Timeliner is a teacher, maybe he can teach them how to read so they can negotiate the sign.....

It is not the cleanest lake that is for sure....the lack of close dive shops probably effects if they ever have a 'Clean-Up' day event. Now speaking of Okies---I am one,,but I don't litter. :D That lake is used as heavelly by folks from Texas as Oklahoma my guess is. Good idea Kory.....ask the folks there at the SIS DDO about it. :wink:

PS---is there a good number of divers at the DDO event....I bet the weather is nice.

Oh, I was just kiddin about the okie thing. But not about the cleanup.

What do you say all? Shall we get together and do a cleanup weekend? Maybe we could coordinate it with the local park service so they could haul it off for us.

I'll do some checking. In the mean time, let me know if anyone is interested. I know we are camping out at marietta landing the weekend of the 13th & 14th. Not sure we could put something together that quickly or not.

Oh, I was just kiddin about the okie thing. But not about the cleanup.

What do you say all? Shall we get together and do a cleanup weekend? Maybe we could coordinate it with the local park service so they could haul it off for us.

I'll do some checking. In the mean time, let me know if anyone is interested. I know we are camping out at marietta landing the weekend of the 13th & 14th. Not sure we could put something together that quickly or not.

I would be willing to help out....just not on those dates. I dive the lake enough that a little effort towards its clean-up would be positive.....get Frank to agree!!

Illini Fan (Tom) and I had two very nice dives. (Thanks Tom!!) The vis wasn't that great, I think maybe 8-10 feet? Tom thought it was a bit better than that, so maybe my mask was just a little foggy. I was having mask fog problems for some reason. Temps were in the low 70's, in the 30 foot range. We didn't see very many fish, but we did find a vicious looking turtle, with yellow claws. He didn't look very happy that we were in his space either. We found the boat, and the motorcycle, some weird looking barrel things, and lots and lots of trash. Kory mentioned we are coming back on the 13th and 14th of October to camp. I think we will invest in a mesh bag, so we can clean up some of the cans and bottles.

We saw Timeliner briefly, and then we lost him?
Still haven't seen the crab trap!

It was nice meeting you TxIceDiver, (Randy) Maybe next time we can all dive together. Thanks for your help!

Rhonda

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom