Who is going to be at Lake Murray Saturday 9-29?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Illini Fan (Tom) and I had two very nice dives. (Thanks Tom!!) The vis wasn't that great, I think maybe 8-10 feet? Tom thought it was a bit better than that, so maybe my mask was just a little foggy. I was having mask fog problems for some reason. Temps were in the low 70's, in the 30 foot range. We didn't see very many fish, but we did find a vicious looking turtle, with yellow claws. He didn't look very happy that we were in his space either. We found the boat, and the motorcycle, some weird looking barrel things, and lots and lots of trash. Kory mentioned we are coming back on the 13th and 14th of October to camp. I think we will invest in a lift bag, so we can clean up some of the cans and bottles.

We saw Timeliner briefly, and then we lost him?
Still haven't seen the crab trap!

It was nice meeting you TxIceDiver, (Randy) Maybe next time we can all dive together. Thanks for your help!

Rhonda

Sounds like all are having fun....I am doing laundry...helping with an oil change on a car...watching QVC try to sell Christmas stuff-- big day....AND I missed going with my 3 sons to the demo derby tonight---now that sucks. :rofl3:

I am doing laundry...helping with an oil change on a car...watching QVC try to sell Christmas stuff-- big day

What a bleak existence... :mooner: Of course you got as much bottom time as I did today!

Yeah, a cleanup day would be great. There is a lot of trash there and could use alot of tlc. I'm game if we could get something organized and shurly the park service would help with the haul off. I'd love to see the lake get better taken care of. It is only 45 minuted from my house, so that's where I d most of my diving. I try to haul out some trash every dive, but one person con only do so much. If we all pitch in, I'm sure it could be a much better spot for all.

Oh, and hope you all had a great time, just wish I could have been there to meet ya'll. Maybe next time.

Two very fun dives with Rhonda -- thanks. Once again both Kory and Rhonda had the welcome mat out with their tent and fully furnished surface interval rest area. So, big thank you for the hospitality as well.

I'm willing to spend a day cleaning-up and I'll try to talk son of Illini_Fan into joining us.

It would have to the 14th as there is a cross-country meet on the morning of the 13th.

Hey, Rhonda and crew
Just wanted to let you know that I didn't run out on ya'll. When I got to Marietta Landing I was running a bit later than expected, so I circled the Landing and didn't recognize anyone. I stopped and asked a person with a SIS t-shirt, and they directed me to the cut-out on the road (where the tower is). Sure enough, there was another SIS base there and that's where I found Timeliner, Mark, and some other Swampers. I was able to pair up with Mark for the first dive and Timeliner for the second. Sorry I didn't get to meet ya'll, but I sure appreciate the invite and I still hope to meet up with you on future dives (the cleanup sounds like a great idea. SIS was operating a Project Aware set of dives up on the road...I think they collected over 300 pounds of trash Saturday!)
Frank and Mark...hey, guys, thanks for some great dives! Much obliged for making me feel welcome and sharing some time underwater with me. I had a blast! (And finding that UK d8 light was an unexpected bonus, too. There's no telling how long that thing had been underwater, and it's amazing that it still works! Hey, maybe I should send in a testimonial...naw)
Anyway, thanks Swampers for a great day. Let's do it again!

Thanks Bill (Guba) It was a cool dive and I had a ball too.

Richerso ( John) that Rocket launcher trick you did with that orange safty barrel was funny as Hell ! :rofl3:

We found this Orange plastic roadside safty barrel down at about 30 feet and I picked it up and threw it down the slope into deeper water.
John chases after it and dissapears into dark .
Next.... The Barrel comes up like a rocket whizzing past me towards the surface :11:

Being the engineer he is he made the thing go skyward like a Saturn 5 by filling it with air and letting it go.
It was a crack up :D

Being the engineer he is he made the thing go skyward like a Saturn 5 by filling it with air and letting it go.
It was a crack up :D

Old tires make great rockets as well!:eyebrow:

I'm glad everybody had a good time, I just wish I could've made it. Maybe next time....

Sorry you had to stay home, Aaron. Hope to see you on the next one for sure!

Sounds like a great time at Murray for ALL!!!!!!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom