who has the most logged dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuberd, don't feel bad, I so far have 0. Soon to be many many more I hope. :)

Kayla:)

Kayla,

There's nothing impressive about it. Keep diving, keep logging and your numbers will dwarf mine. It's just a matter of sticking to it and the passage of time - nothing else.

Walter, I will most certainly keep diving. Well that is once I start.... :)

Kayla...sorry if I sidetracked your thread :(

I'm not as anal as Walter but I'm working on it! As NetDoc said, we may not talk about it but we are proud of the dives we've made. I don't mind posting mine.....

First dive: Feb 10, 1997
Latest dive: April 28, 2002

Night: 28
Fresh Water: 209
Salt: 197
Cavern: 12
Nitrox: 103
Wreck: 21
100 ft or deeper: 28
60 ft or deeper: 89
Reef: 128
Artificial Reef: 36
Total: 398
Average depth: Fresh - 38ft. Salt: 59ft.
Average time: 47min.
Longest dive: 2hrs. 43 min.
Total bottom time: 316:39

Most in a single month: 46 - April 2001
Most in a single year: 132 - 2000

don't worry about side tracking, its not a problem. you as well have a lot of logged dives, and I have to say that I'm jealous.... I can't wait to start!! Even then I have to rely on my father, because I can't drive yet, but I hope I can convince him to go with me a lot!! :)

under what conditions gave you dives over 2 hours??? really big tanks and lots of deco?

Two - Three hour dives are common for me using a steel 72 when diving for fossils off Venice Beach in less that 20 ft of water.

I don't know the circumstances of Dee's particular 2 hour 43 minute dive, but having dived with Dee I'd guess it was with a small tank in shallow water. That girl doesn't use air!

Originally posted by scuberd
under what conditions gave you dives over 2 hours??? really big tanks and lots of deco?

I have several dives over 2 hours in local waters. Generally with a HP65 steel tank and depths in the 20-30ft range. The longest one was in Cozumel with an Al. 80 tank. I was the only one on the boat that morning with one of my favorite Caballito Divemasters, Ricardo. We went in at Chancanaab Balones and drifted to the far south end of the island, ascending just past Punta Sur. This drift dive encompassed over half the length of the island. Max. depth was 68 feet but the average depth was 28ft. I returned to the boat with 700psi. No deco required. We had a blast! Drifting in blue water at the end of the dive, we had a huge old sea turtle keep us company. Seemed like he was trying to figure out what the devil we were doing there! Ricardo and I weren't out to set any records, we were just having a good time enjoying the dive and diving with each other.

Dee, sounds like you had a very good time on your dive. I think that diving someplace warm would be amazing. As far as playing with a turtle goes, I think that it would be a lot of fun. Did you get pictures?:)

No, no pictures. I left the camera on the boat. There's times when it's just too much hassle!

It WAS fun...one reason for the length o9f the dive was we didn't have to expend hardly any energy at al...just go with the flow!

Back
Top Bottom