who has the most logged dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kayla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
well, in my own way to find out more about you guys, I have come up with yet another question. I was wondering who has the most logged dives, and when you started diving. Probably been asked already, but I couldn't find anything. I am sure there must be a lot of you that have a TON of logged dives..... so lets hear about 'em!!:)

Kayla:)

Probably a commercial diver who has been working a long time, dives for fun on weekends, takes diving vacations and is anal enought to log them all.

Many divers stop logging dives. When that happens, they usually begin to overestimate their total number of dives.

I don't know who on this board has logged the most dives, but I know it isn't me.

I know it's not me either.

The number of dives someone has isn't always a guide to their experience. 200 dives in a 30ft rock quarry isn't the same as 200 dives in variable conditions and locations.

Originally posted by Dee
The number of dives someone has isn't always a guide to their experience. 200 dives in a 30ft rock quarry isn't the same as 200 dives in variable conditions and locations.

Originally posted by funky__monks
I know a few that have well over 1000 dives, and I wouldn't trust them to be any more than "Same Ocean" buddies.

You guys got it right. (and I know I don't have the most logged dive)

I didnt really mean for it to be about experience. I know that a reckless diver with a 1,000 logged dives is not nearly as good as the safe one with 25. I meant for it to be fun, sorry for the confusion. ;-0

Originally posted by Kayla
I didnt really mean for it to be about experience. I know that a reckless diver with a 1,000 logged dives is not nearly as good as the safe one with 25. I meant for it to be fun, sorry for the confusion. ;-0

My confusion, I guess. Most people ask about number of dives to get an idea of experience. When in reality, that's not what you judge it by.

If you're just curious about the numbers, that's different.

We could tell ya, but then we'd have to.....

You know this got me thinking. I am a Computer Technician and we have these people that we call Paper Technicians. These are the ones that don't know diddly about REALY WORLD technicial problems, but has every certification knowen to man. (NetDOC I know you can relate!!)

Now how do we judge someone's experaince? Can't be by the numbers of dives s/he has logged. I don't trust the certification either. Now most of us do that by talking and getting to know some one face to face. The internet has just about taken that aspeck away. So my question still stands how do you tell that you will trust that DIVER/DM/Instructure in the water with you?

Hell I can't spell does that make me a not very intelligent person.

PS: I could have just copied and pasted this into word and did a spell check, but that would take away from my point.

i really really didn't mean it like that. i know that you can't judge experience on the number of dives, and that was not what i was trying to do at all! I know that the only way to find out how good a diver really is is to talk to him, and observe his skills. I just wanted to know the numbers clean and clear. Thats it. I was not at all trying to judge the skill of a person. Sorry. ;-0

Kayla

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom