Who from the Carolina's NC/ SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am out of Fayetteville....work will keep me dry until about late June or early July...

Duh..that's Fayetteville, NC.....Just in case there is one in SC too

I'm located in Greenville, SC and so is my nephew BigK.....
a dive club in SC? sounds nice...

My wife and I are from Clinton, SC about halfway between Greenville and Columbia. We're fairly new to diving. About 30 dives apiece. We been to Cozumel, Pompano Beach, Lake Jocasse, and spending a week in Bonaire in March. Interested in learning some good saltwater dives in N. or S. Carolina.

Waterdogs here, posting from Lake Norman NC, actually Sherrills Ford on Lake Norman. Sherrills Ford is located between Mooresville and Denver on hwy 150.

Good to see you got the NC Folks represented on the board.

Thanks Medic13

Let us know what goes on and what you need.

Think we should change the title to "Carolina's Wreck" looks like a lot of neighbors from South Carolina are with us.

Waterdogs

Another N.C. diver here. I live in Charlotte. Keep me in the loop if/when you start the club.

I would love to be a part of a dive club in the Carolinas. Keep me informed and let me know what I can do to help get it started. Just FYI...I'm currently a member of the North Carolina Piedmont Diving and Rescue Association. You can check it out at www.ncpdra.org. They really don't have scheduled meetings, but as a member you get a key to a few quarries in NC, and they do a cookout/treasure hunt once a year. I love quarry diving, however I would like to find a club that does massive amounts of diving on the NC/SC Coast. More FYI...I'm going with a few guys to Myrtle Beach SC on March 8-9 to dive with Coastal Scuba (www.coastalscuba.com). If anyone is interested give coastal a call. It's going to cost around $170 for both days, and it's going to be a blast.

I'm from Kentucky, but will be moving to SC in August. I don't know anyone there so, I would love some advice on LDS and stuff like that.
- A J

Bobb once bubbled...
I'm located in Greenville, SC and so is my nephew BigK.....
a dive club in SC? sounds nice...

Bobb,

I lived in Greenville for about 3 years and tought at Down Under Dive Center for a while while I was there. We had a club called the "Carolina SCUBA Club". I'm not sure if it's still up and running as I've lost touch with most of the people in the club since I moved to Florida but you might ask around and see if anyone has heard of it if you're still looking for a local club. We used to have dive weekends out at Lake Jocassee with diving in the morning and a cookout in the afternoon. We did a clean up dive one time at the lake and even had several Speciality Classes for club members only.

Let me know if you find anything out about the club. I'd like to see if there are still some of the old gang hanging around.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom