Whining sound from filter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LW_230_ES.jpg

I cannot do anything inside since there are sensors preventing me from having the compressor opened and running at the same time. The sound is comfing from the filter outside

I tried to search in the operations manual for the priority valve but got nada, so I cannot really say.
Also known as a PMV, or Pressure Maintaining Valve. In America, gold anodized, a rectangular cube 4 inches long by 2 wide by 3/4 of an inch thick. Used to make sure the pressure in the final filter stays above a set pressure to extend the life of your filter.

Attachments

• Priorit valve.jpg
    Priorit valve.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 94
I cannot do anything inside since there are sensors preventing me from having the compressor opened and running at the same time. The sound is comfing from the filter outside
Safety interlocks are made to be defeated.....

I will check if the noise is coming from that brass block next time I'm filling!
Looks like that brass block (probably anodized aluminum) is made to be opened up and inspected. Especially if you don't know what it does. Watch out for springs that fly across the garage.

Let us know what you find inside.

Hi
First how old is your L&W
Is the PMV-One way unit Black or Gold on the out side
For sure the unit want a strip down [easy to service]
L&W pmv dont go wrong much & if they do then its due to a fault further down the line.
So the filter cart you are using do you repack?.Use a new one from L&W?Or a after market one.
Do you have puracon fitted to your unit ?

My take on it is your pmv has had very wet air passing through it

My L&W is about 5 months old and just had an oil change (Sound was there before the oil change)
The filter should last about 75 hours, and since it has only run for 30 hours, I have yet to change the filter. Will use original when due.
No puracon and I cannot see how very wet air can have passed but I can open it up and check.

Ok
Thats new unit 5mts old. I take it pmv is black not gold older version.
Its common for the filter cart to come lose in side the housing.
Make sure it tight
Test air for moisture.
Get L&W to send replacment PMV unit under guarantee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom