Which undergarmet do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have mucked around with a tone of combinations (flleece pants+ LW+ vests etc.) but need a solid recomindation for say 30 - 50 degreez. Who makes a not bulky neutraly boyant undergarmet which fits well under neoprene? I realize the range I posted is substantial- but assuming to rate it to 20-30 you layer necessarily.

Any Ideas?

I have used a Bare CT-200. Very warm both topside and below the surface. The bad part is that mine was extremely restrictive in the shoulder area and being able to reach my tank valve wasnt going to happen.

I have also used the Janice 300wt fleece undergarments. Warm enough to get the job done in 55deg water and very flexible. She also sells a vest to help add more warmth.

I currently have a Diving Concepts custom stretch extreme thinsulate undersuit that i wont get to use for a few more weeks till my custom drysuit arrives. Hopefully it keeps me nice and toasty.

I love, swear by, and would sell off my firstborne child before I sold off my Diving Concepts stretch thinsulate extreme.

Andy's ST 1000 or 2000 (thinsulate 100 or 200) simply awesome! Stretches in all directions and keeps you very warm. As comfortable as an undersuit can be. I wear an ST1000 under a TLS. Nice! I also own a DC TPS Extreme and it's very nice but the Andy's is still night and day in terms of comfort. The warmth is similar.

http://www.andysdrysuit.com/undies.htm

Hey Cali

Is your DC undersuit the stretch version?

Does the Andy's stretch version fit like the DC stretch version where its a snug fit(almost like a wetsuit) and not loose?
I have never owned a form fitting undergarment but does seem to fit really nice with a ton of stretch for reaching behind the back and such.

lal7176:
Hey Cali

Is your DC undersuit the stretch version?

Does the Andy's stretch version fit like the DC stretch version where its a snug fit(almost like a wetsuit) and not loose?
I have never owned a form fitting undergarment but does seem to fit really nice with a ton of stretch for reaching behind the back and such.

Yes and hell yea! The Andy's feels like a pair of kiddie pajamas. I don't have a single bad thing to say about the DC it's awesome but the Andy's is a whole other thing.

CALI68:
Yes and hell yea! The Andy's feels like a pair of kiddie pajamas. I don't have a single bad thing to say about the DC it's awesome but the Andy's is a whole other thing.

I guess I should have checked into the Andy's undergarments also. Oh well too late now. :D Are the andy's any cheaper than the DC version? If so dont tell me :D

I just bought the DC non-stretch Thinsulate Extreme. It has the stretch material on the arms and a band of it around the waist, to give freedom of movement similar to the stretch. Other than the stretch version it's the most non-bulky undergarment I've seen. It's probably too much for a neoprene suit, but the stretch Thinsulate Extreme or the regular Thinsulate should be good for you.

According to DC, the Stretch Thinsulate Extreme and the non-stretch Thinsulate non-extreme are about the same warmth (CLO 1.8 vs CLO 1.7) whereas the non-stretch Thinsulate Extreme is significantly warmer than either (CLO 2.4). I'm picking up the regular Thinsulate Extreme for about $335US at the current exchange rate

lal7176:
I guess I should have checked into the Andy's undergarments also. Oh well too late now. :D Are the andy's any cheaper than the DC version? If so dont tell me :D

A little bit but not much! No worries Larry, your suit rocks! We gotta go diving when your suit comes in.

CALI68:
A little bit but not much! No worries Larry, your suit rocks! We gotta go diving when your suit comes in.

Sounds good. The wait is killing me. It will be great to meet you and do some diving.

Anyways i am off to pick up my O2 clean tanks. They are finished and hopefully everything went ok. I guess I'll find out when i pay my bill. :D I was planning on diving today but have decided to boycott my wetsuit till my drysuit arrives :D I never realised how hard it would be to go back to a wetsuit after diving a drysuit for 3 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom