• Scubapro R380

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Scubapro S550

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Scubapro S600

Votes: 49 26.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you decide to go with a ScubaPro reg. Get the MK25/S600/and R190. IMHO stay away from the scubapro diaphram regs, nothing wrong with them, I just don't like them. Scubapro has the best piston reg in the world. why get away from it.

If you do the Apeks I prefer the ATX50 or ATX200/TX100/t40 combination.

That's just my opinions.

I use the Scubapro mk25/s600 as my primary and a Poseidon Xstream as my backup, Scubapro R380 as my deco reg. I have been taught that it is a good idea to use two high end companies for your primary and backup regs. If the S600 is going to freeze then it is pretty much a given that the R380 is going to go. Using the Poseidon as a backup gives me a real piece of mind.

Hey, it's the new guy on the board so if this is'nt the right place to post this Q. I'm sorry.
Can some-one explain to me this love/hate thing with Poseidon regs? I talk to some tech-divers and they love 'em. Walk into some dive shops, and they will spend hours ( and draw diagrams ) telling you the evils of this product. No other reg. seems to draw this kind of fire.

What's up?

I have been using the proton xl in both warm and cold water. This is what i use in my warm water dives. Ease of breathing is great...had freeflow at depth last time i was out in 43 degree water - switched over to my 30cf pony, using the mk25/r380.

IMO the mk25/r380 doesnt breathe as smoothly as the XL. I got it as a backup in cold water conditions (and for the price.) i also like it because I switched the reg hose to the left side since i sling my pony instead of back mount it.

I have used apeks a few times and find then very reliable in cold water and very easy to breathe. I am switching over to doubles and will be using 2 sets of apeks 200s.

My LDS just had there dive fair. So I went to go look at a new reg and I was looking at a SP MK 18/250 or 25/s600 , Atomic - M1 and a Mares ICE. Well after talking with everyone I chose the MK25/s600. The final thing that got me hooked was the U.S. Diver rep told me that of coures his gear was best but if he was going to pick one that shines above the rest it would be the Scubapro MK25/s600. It was a close race between SP and Atomic but I got the SP for $359 and to me that was a good deal seeing they were on sale for 399 and he went even lower, plus SP warrenty and mateinace is hard to beat.

I personally own the Apeks 200ATX and as the difference in price fromthe ATX50 to the 200 was only $100 singapore dollars it seemed to make sense to buy the newer version, slightly smaller - lighter not so sure about ... these things are damn heavy (1st stages that is)

I went with Apeks due to it's repetation for DIR diving and easy of fixing in the field.

But think about the type of diving you want to do and currently do then buiy according to your needs

I have 2 x xATX200 and they are the best regs I've used.

It's the difference between drinking instant coffee and a smooth creamy latte. The APEKS have been absolutely first class, I wouldn't change them for anything... Apart from maybe an CCR

DIR diving? I know Apeks is used, but do not discount Scubapro.

MANY DIR divers use scubapro, and as far as working on in the field goes, the G250 is known for ease of working on...underwater.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom