• Scubapro R380

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • Scubapro S550

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Scubapro S600

Votes: 49 26.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nalu

Reaction score
I am shopping for my first reg and it has my head spinning a bit. I plan to dive in cold water usually to around 60 ft. I want something that won't breathe hard because the few rentals I have tried that were hard to breath off of drove me nuts! After countless hours on the internet and some time in LDS I have narrowed it down to 8 models...okay so that isn't so narrow but I'm getting there :jester: I would love to hear any complaints or reviews on any of these. Right now I am leaning toward the Apex series but still have an open mind. Take my poll too! :jump: Thanks

I don't own this one, but it is part of the equipment at a club where I assist an instructor. It breathes great, but that can have something to do with how it's tuned, ya know. Scubapro is great because this brand's parts are already hanging out at repair shops all over the place (same with US Divers/Aqualung, what I own.) And don't say you will never need a repair; all it takes is a little sand, and FREEFLOW CITY!

:)

I have had great luck with my mk16/s550 setup. I only dive warm water though. I would suggest the 600 because it will allow for more "user" adjustment which sounds like something you might want.

Good luck with you gear.

-Crispy

and r190 backup! I went with SP because of concern over availability of parts in all locations.

you don't have the scubapro gt250 which is probably your best one from scubapro for the money. use the r380 for octo if you are not using integrated air2. also what first stage are you using?

chuckrt

Nalu

I plan to dive in cold water usually to around 60 ft. I want something that won't breathe hard because the few rentals I have tried that were hard to breath off of drove me nuts!

I cant speak for the other Regs ...but if this is what your looking for ...easy breather and cold water ..... I highly recommend the Apeks ATX200 It is soooo smooth at depth you cant tell your breathing from a tank.....I'm sure other manufacturers have similar models that perform similarly ….as far as parts go…Apeks is part of Aqua Lung (not to confuse you further but they have some really nice regs based off the Apeks design) cant get much broader than that :thumb:

Good Luck!!!

Buy the ScubaPro S600, it is the best one out there :D But then again that is my opinion. But then again that is the one I have and I like it very much. :wink:

Rich :eek:ut:

After researching and talking with divers here and elsewhere, I recently added an Apeks ATX50 second and DS4 first. I've been very happy with them so far. I'm also generally happy with the Scubapro Mk20/G250 I've had for years, but the Apeks were more cost-effective for the performance.

Plus, the Apeks didn't have the swivel turret feature I've come to dislike in my Mk20.

Back
Top Bottom