• Atomic Z1

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Poseidon Odin/Jetstream

Votes: 20 16.1%
  • Scubapro Mk16/S550

Votes: 27 21.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
if you had to choose from the above four regs as your primary, which one would
you choose?

any pro's/con's as to any of them would be appreciated

I had to pick the Poseidon- it's the prettiest one of the 4! ;o)

Foo

p.s. Need me to pick any horses for this weekend? I use the above scientific method...

H2Andy:
you choose?

All of the reg's are good choices, the only thing that concerns me about the poseidon is the availability and cost of replacement parts. With the falling dollar and the strong euro, poseidon has increased most of their pricing.

atomic z1 ...... surprized ? ..... well built, breaths great, from a company that makes only top line stuff.

Poseiden Xstream is my choice :)

Paul in VT

I bought the B2... can't really say why because I'm told they are identical except for materials. Humm... B comes before Z in the alphabet. Well, so does S but I bought a Zeagle.

All I can say is that I get, on average, about 10 more minutes for bottom time because I'm not consuming as much air. I'm comparring it to rental gear by several other manufacturers that. Two years ago and for 12 consecutive dives, I used a Z1. It was brand new but was a rental. That's when I started surfacing within 500psi of my wife instead of her having 1000psi more than me as she usually did. Maybe 1,200 more. Anyway... go figure. I think of it a very natural breather - you only get what you asked for and it cracks ever so easy. I can't tell any difference between 100' and 15'. Those are all the pros. Don't know of any cons. Never been below 100' since buying it.

H2Andy:
you choose?

Wow, that’s a hard one…on the poll I picked the Atomic and the reasoning for that was I own or owned something close to all the others. I own an ATX40 Octo, Scubapro G250 MK/20, G250 MK10, and Poseidon Jetstream / Odin. So I would have to go with something new and that would be the Atomic. I have never used this regulator but it was designed by ex-Scubapro employees…so it must be good! On the other hand, I like my regulators to some kind of adjustable control knob (less my Poseidon) hence, the G250’s I own over the S550. If I had to own only one of these regulators it would have to have this adjustability (for colder water) so either the Apeks or Atomic. The Poseidon is a great choice for deep cold water but it tends to breath for you sometimes…maybe I just need to get it detuned a little…

I chose the Apeks DS4/ATX40. It's the set I will be buying for my own use, and the set of choice among those who I choose to align myself with.

Simple, basic, bulletproof, and cheap.

Well, unless I have dived all four regs extensively under various conditions, I wouldn't be qualified to choose.

However, being unqualified never stopped me before!! :D

So, I pick the Atomic, 'cause that's what I dive now and if I picked a different one I'd feel like I wasted my money.

(Like Foo, I'll pick yar horsies fer ya, too.)

H2Andy:
you choose?

You can't swing an expired feline on SB these days without running into another H2-what-gear-shoud-I-buy poll. Are you rigging up a new outfit, buddy? Upgrading, going shopping-shopping or just on a quest for knowledge?

I dive Atomic. Never a problem, never an issue. Love it. Just don't call it Atomics.

---
Ken

Back
Top Bottom