Which reg/what to consider? S/P Mk25 and 2nds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@BurhanMuntasser going to answer my question on why it's a better regulator design?

@runsongas my Kraken is going into the ocean on Friday for 4 days. woohoo! with a Poseidon attached as secondary. Good reg, but a bit too far out of the norm for most people. It is a sealed diaphragm reg though...

@BurhanMuntasser going to answer my question on why it's a better regulator design?

@runsongas my Kraken is going into the ocean on Friday for 4 days. woohoo! with a Poseidon attached as secondary. Good reg, but a bit too far out of the norm for most people. It is a sealed diaphragm reg though...

do you use a kraken tropical diving on vacations? Seems like a headache as its so huge compared to my T3. Not attacking just curious why anyone would buy that except well I dont understand it. My dad used those double hoses in the early 60s but he also drove cars with lead gas and carburetors back then too..... I mean I get it if your a fan of seahunt but it seems too bulky for me even diving locally. like way bulkier not just a little.

@ScubadriverDale yes. It's a brilliant regulator. I have reg sets smaller than your T3, but it breathes very well and having the bubbles behind your head is the second best thing to a CCR when trying to get close to wildlife

how close do you want to get to that moray eel ha. seriously bubbles in back is about 8 more inches. maybe for a photographer it would be nice? For me I want simple and streamlined. I get it in a wierd way I suppose. Theres a lot of engineers and gearheads here and its something odd to play with that not everyone has. Some people like 3 wheeled motorcycles, some people like using a pipe, to each his own. But id never take a flight with that rig. I carry all my gear onto the plane in a backpack in case luggage gets lost.

How about this close?

P7012647.jpg

Do you use a mouth-inflate-only horsecollar BC with the Kraken, or go without altogether? :)

Thanks all, for the input. A limiting factor will be lines offered by my LDS, which gets me enough of a discount to make it worthwhile. (I was thinking of sticking S/P for a variety of reasons, but I'll look into other options they sell.)

@Seaweed Doc most dive ops won't let you go without a BCD, but I use a VDH wing from @Bryan@Vintage Double Hose and a freedom plate from @Eric Sedletzky

If your LDS offers you a steep discount on scubapro that is a very compelling reason to stay with scubapro. What other lines do they offer discounts for you?

Do you use a mouth-inflate-only horsecollar BC with the Kraken, or go without altogether? :)

This was on the Odyssey Liveaboard in Truk Lagoon. Maybe you can see the back-plates, wings, and inflators. There were a few more Krakens aboard. :)

IMG_6328.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom