Which Paddle Fin Do You Use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are fond of our Aeris Velocity fins. Open heel with spring straps. Comfortable for skin and scuba.

Pete

I use Jets primarily, and SlipStreams when I travel (for weight reasons). Spring straps on both.

I occasionally use a pair of Apollo BioFin XT-Cs, but rarely, and only under specific circumstances.

I like the Mares Quattros as an alternative to Jets, on occasion, when doing warm water diving. Definitely put spring straps on, the stock latches/straps are terrible.

My favorite fin, split or paddle is the original US Divers blades. Not the blades 2. I have Jets and splits.
If I could only have 1 pair, it would be the blades.
Mares Quatros are supposed to be almost as good :), but the USD blades are lighter and positive at least in salt water.
I'm also a fan of the original USD Blades. I have 2 pair of the large size. (Loved the first set so much that I bought a second pair as they were being obsoleted).

They are so large that when I tried jet fins it felt like I didn't have anything on my feet. With the jet fins I had to make big frog kick movements with my whole leg to get the same sort of thrust I get with just an ankle-based frog kick like sculling motion with the Blades.

My wife uses the mares avanti quattro excel they work well, and a pair of avanti x3 for travel which a good travel fin, not that pricey.
I have a pair of mares avanti super channel for traveling, which is really fast fin, and allot less then the quattro excel.
My regular fins are aeris velocity xp splite fin, very narrow splite fin, and very easy to kick with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom