Which is harder to get into--a drysuit or pantyhose/tights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I am really not looking forwarding to donning a dry suit! Thanks, everyone. I'll admit defeat to my buddy that a dry suit is more difficult, but I guess it's for the best...he never wins any other argument so I might as well throw him a bone. :wink:
Have you read this thread started by boulderjohn in 2006? It's a very funny thread. Close call in the dressing room

Pedro, The thread is hilarious! I hadn't seen it before. I'm going to have to share my story there now. :) I thought I was the only idiot that something like this had happened to at a dive shop.

I don't find my drysuit particularly hard to get into. Is it harder than shorts and a tshirt, well yeah. But a well fitting suit should be fairly easy to get into.

A buddy of mine just recently made it sound as if his drysuit (a Fusion Bullet) was just as difficult to get into as pantyhose/tights. I've never worn a drysuit & he's never worn pantyhose/tights (at least as far as I know) so we are not the best ones to make a comparison. However, I've seen people get into drysuits and it doesn't look half as hard as the contortions my friends & I have gone through to get into pantyhose/tights that fit well.

I bet some of you are in a much better position to tell me which is worse...a drysuit or pantyhose/tights?

Side note: If the answer is drysuit, the chances of me ever donning such a suit will go down astronomically so choose your answer wisely. :)
I can only comment on the drysuit. Last Saturday I took mine to the local dive shop, it took 30 seconds to put on so I could fit a new pair of fins. And another 30 seconds to get out of. It's the same when I go diving, but then I need someone to operate the back zip.

I've never tried one of the Fusion/Bullet suits, I have always had trilam-type suits and I don't find them difficult at all. For me, getting into my drysuit is easier than a wetsuit. I think it all depends on the type of drysuit, and I agree that fit is everything when it comes to drysuits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom