Which is harder to get into--a drysuit or pantyhose/tights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I probably had a hundred dives or more on mine before I sold it, and I watched the video and tried the rolling technique. It was still a major PIA.... That inner material is just... Challenging. I just could not deal with putting the dang thing on!

OTOH, some people swear by their Fusions, and one thing I will say about mine is that it did not leak. If your buddy has latex seals, I would definitely recommend talc or lube for the seals only.

Your buddy needs to dive more. Obviously they haven't used it enough or they would of figured out a way to get it on quickly. Practice makes perfect.

That said the Fusion bullet is one of the harder drysuits to don.

You can also a lubricant to make the suit easier to get on if it's really that much trouble.

I probably had a hundred dives or more on mine before I sold it, and I watched the video and tried the rolling technique. It was still a major PIA.... That inner material is just... Challenging. I just could not deal with putting the dang thing on!

OTOH, some people swear by their Fusions, and one thing I will say about mine is that it did not leak. If your buddy has latex seals, I would definitely recommend talc or lube for the seals only.

Yea you dont want to be cleaning that out of the entire suit. That would a nightmare.

The inner material is really durable but horrible to get on. I agree.

I've worn both. It's harder to get myself into tights than my CLX-450, but it's easier to get into my wife's tights than it is to get into my CLX-450.

(that's a joke. But true.)

Now try that (video) sitting in a front car seat in the mud and rain trying not to get your feet wet before you get suited. A PIA to get on but great to dive in.

Now try that (video) sitting in a front car seat in the mud and rain trying not to get your feet wet before you get suited. A PIA to get on but great to dive in.

This sums up my entire life right here.

I have a hatch on my jeep commander that blocks the rain now though - so life is better unless it's raining sideways. I have gotten the suit on a bit before the site at like a gas station or something where it won't rain on me and then drove the short distance before. It just depends on the weather.

Sometimes if you are suiting up in the middle of the woods when it's raining really bad you have to get real creative in order to keep dry while gearing up - like laying across the back seats with them folded down and rolling around in order to untwist the inner suit.

I should record me suiting up in a down pour with high wind - it's probably the funniest/most stupid thing ever..

P.S. I've totally walked into a gas station/auto shop in everything except the tanks, gloves, hood during a surface interval - the stares are worth it. It's quite the sight. (I was looking for some weird specific sized zip tie and a non-standard nylon washer so I had to wear it in.) I have since added those items to my save-a-dive-kit.

As a man that MUST wear pantyhose everyday do to blood clots and leg swelling... They are much easier to put on then a dry suit... And the pantyhose are heavy duty support ones... VERY TIGHT...

Jim..

Edited to add... I get my pantyhose from the VA , And when I go in to get more ... I ask for Desert camo anti fly and sand flea bite leggings.... Makes me feel more manly then asking for pantyhose.. :(

Last edited:
This is so funny... I definitely have a harder time putting on my dry suit. But, I don't dive dry very often. I think it is a culmination of all the layers and trying to get the collar over my head without losing have my hair!!! I have a friend who got a new dry suit, tried it on at home and actually had to call someone for help when she couldn't get it off by herself!!

This is so funny... I definitely have a harder time putting on my dry suit. But, I don't dive dry very often. I think it is a culmination of all the layers and trying to get the collar over my head without losing have my hair!!! I have a friend who got a new dry suit, tried it on at home and actually had to call someone for help when she couldn't get it off by herself!!

When I first got my fusion I got stuck in it. I know the feeling of panic when you can't get out and your body temperatures are climbing while you strain yourself to be free.

Back
Top Bottom