Which is better, Bohol or Moalboal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dove in both Moalboal, Cebu and Alona, Bohol.

IMHO Bohol is better diving, especially for photography. Both are wall dive locations but my chief complaint about Moalboal diving is the walls constantly have sand trickling down creating a snowing effect making wide angle photography very undesirable. I do not find that to be the case with Bohol.

I personally prefer Bohol over Moalboal and Malapascua. Although I have not been to Moalboal or Malapascua recently. First time I was in Malapascua there was only one resort there and no electricity. Last time I was there, beach was full and there were lots of resorts. A bit too crowded for me.

I find Bohol to be more relaxing. The place is clean, the beaches nice and un- crowded. Resorts are nicely spaced from one another. I feel like I am in Boracay sans the crowd. Lots of things to do aside from dive. We rented a motorbike and did a day tour of Bohol.

I am coming from the point of view of a casual diver who likes to enjoy land based activities just as much as diving. In short, I am not there just to dive. So Bohol is the place of choice for me over Moalboal or Malapascua.

G...thanks Bill. That's very encouraging. Almost decided for Malapuasca. Is the power supply available on the island already?

I personally prefer Bohol over Moalboal and Malapascua. Although I have not been to Moalboal or Malapascua recently. First time I was in Malapascua there was only one resort there and no electricity. Last time I was there, beach was full and there were lots of resorts. A bit too crowded for me.

I find Bohol to be more relaxing. The place is clean, the beaches nice and un- crowded. Resorts are nicely spaced from one another. I feel like I am in Boracay sans the crowd. Lots of things to do aside from dive. We rented a motorbike and did a day tour of Bohol.

I am coming from the point of view of a casual diver who likes to enjoy land based activities just as much as diving. In short, I am not there just to dive. So Bohol is the place of choice for me over Moalboal or Malapascua.

True, not much to do at Malapascua except diving... I guess we both ran into the seasonal crowd! :11: Found Alona Beach Bohol (Apr 2008) to be crowded & it was really quiet at Malapascua (Aug 2007).

G...Almost decided for Malapuasca. Is the power supply available on the island already?

Not sure abt Power Supply for street lamps? But we could charge batteries in our rooms at Exotic last year...
Think the availability of fresh water is still a problem though. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to revisit. :D

G...thanks Bill. That's very encouraging. Almost decided for Malapuasca. Is the power supply available on the island already?

The major resorts have their own generators and so have 24 hour supply of electricity. Some places only have power in the evening.

You will be showering in brackish water the whole time you are there. I brought saltwater shampoo with me and it worked really well while I was in Malapascua :)

Your dive gear is also going to get rinsed in brackish water. The first thing that I did when I got to Cebu City and checked into a hotel there was take a shower and give my equipment a thorough freshwater rinse :D

I follow Bill22 route on this begining of May 2008 to Malapascua and Moalboal. I personally recommend Malapascua. For Moalboal I think it is too crowded of divers until the DM said more divers than fish that I think it is really true. Bohol and Apo Island is my next destination on this end of y08. I found Filipino divers on boat and all tell me better go to bohol for small world.

Back
Top Bottom