Which is better, Bohol or Moalboal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadudee

Reaction score
Hi ,

Am struggling which of the two to go for.

Able to recommend? I would love to be able to see large perlargic. Also, how is the visibility.

Good time to go in June??

Is it also easy to get to Apo ?

Thank you

Bohol is a lot better than Moalboal IMO.

I saw big sea fans and a few turtles in Moalboal. In Bohol, I saw a few hugh schools of jacks and barracuda.

HI,

thanks for the info. Will it be good to dive late this month? Some friends mentioned malapuasca anyone?

Hi ,

Am struggling which of the two to go for.

Able to recommend? I would love to be able to see large perlargic. Also, how is the visibility.

Good time to go in June??

Is it also easy to get to Apo ?

Thank you

I really liked Moalboal. Sorry, I can't compare it to Bohol for you. I'll include a link to my trip report. I was there last November. I saw turtles pretty much every dive. Barracuda on most dives. Huge schools of sardines on early morning and late afternoon dives. Lot's of lionfish, a ghost pipefish, nudibranchs, frogfish, etc... I really enjoyed it, especially Pescador Island. Here's the link: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...port-continuation-malapascua-trip-report.html

Depending on the time you wanna spend. Moalboal (mainly Pescador) is a great spot for a 3-4 day-trip. If you go over a weekend, they know how to party there...
It is easier from Bohol to reach Apo Island. I actually like the reefs in the south east of Bohol better than the well known ones around Panglao.

cheers

Rhoody

Thanks Bill, now I am even more confused...haha.

Rudi, what did you see over the 3 to 4 days period?

Actually this is more like my maiden trip to Philippines...been to Davao like 10 years ago and have not been visiting ever since.

That is why I am zooming into these 3 places in particular Moalboal, Bohol and Malapuasca ... large perlargic or action diving is of my very first choice. If I like it I am sure to like diving in Philippines through my guts. That is how I manage to dive at Sabah and Thailand for the last 8 years.

Thanks Bill, now I am even more confused...haha.

Rudi, what did you see over the 3 to 4 days period?

Actually this is more like my maiden trip to Philippines...been to Davao like 10 years ago and have not been visiting ever since.

That is why I am zooming into these 3 places in particular Moalboal, Bohol and Malapuasca ... large perlargic or action diving is of my very first choice. If I like it I am sure to like diving in Philippines through my guts. That is how I manage to dive at Sabah and Thailand for the last 8 years.

You're welcome :wink: Now let me throw in my trip report from Malapascua :))

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/210257-malapascua-trip-report.html

Thresher Sharks, Mantas, Black Tip Reef Sharks.... no turtles, wrecks, walls..... I personally liked Moalboal better, but you may like Malapascua. Compare my trip reports and see which one you think you would like better. Or you could do like me and go to both :wink:

Hi Bill, thanks.

Base on the geographical location...wonder how is my chances of meeting the gentle giants at Moalboal ? Well, the easy way...compared to Sipadan or Similans ?

Hi Bill, thanks.

Base on the geographical location...wonder how is my chances of meeting the gentle giants at Moalboal ? Well, the easy way...compared to Sipadan or Similans ?

I think probably not good, but always a chance of course. Moalboal is not really good for that and I don't think it's going to be the right time of year.... anything can happen though :)

This is the same thing I go through everytime I go to the Philippines.... trying to decide where to go :)) Wherever you end up choosing I know that you're going to have a good time :)

Back
Top Bottom