Philipines dive trip April 2024 - 10 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you very much. It's so difficult to choose but you information makes it easier. Do you know of some people go dive around Apo island from Dumagette/Dauin to see more corals? Or is it necessary to actually stay on the island?
You’re welcome.

I think all dive shops in Dauin goes to Apo for diving - but most likely not every day. For shore diving there are some places with patches of coral, but not that pretty - except on some sites that was around 20-27 m so out of your depth range.

We stayed and dived with Bongo Bongo, you can find my trip report on this forum (Dauin and Moalboal). Really recommend them if you do not need luxury (they have basic rooms with private bath and ac, nice and clean but very small.

Not sure who you're traveling with but it was P5k both times I've done it, plus 1k for the ferry.
Your private transfer is land ONLY but my quote was all the way from the airport to PG.
The speed boat is min P10,000.00 per trip.
I normally catch the late flight to MNL, taxi to Buen Dia(P300.00), bus to Batangas Pier(P270.00), 06:00 boat to Balatero(P600.00), environment fee(P120.00), and finally trike to Sabang(P250.00). A single trip of well under P2,000.00.

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to diving (about 20 dives done in South East Asia) and would like to get your recommendations about where I should go in the Philippines for my next diving trip. I have about 10 days in the begining of April (yes I should have planned this earlier...), I would love to see healthy reefs and as I don't have a lot of experience I want to avoid places known for very strong currents.
So from what I have read online I have seen Malapascua, Dumagette / Dauin with the Apo island but maybe I have missed other places suitable at this season for my level and accessible from Kuala Lumpur.

Thanks for your help. :)
Hi everyone,
After all your advice I have changed my rationale a little in order to see a range of things. The plan is to...
First land in Dumagette (stay 3 nights in Dauin)
Then go to MoalBoal (stay 3 nights too)
Finally go to Malapascua (stay 3 nights there).

I am however a little concerned about the journey between MoalBoal to Malapascua but from what people say it seems worth it? Please tell me what you think.

How many diving days are you expected on your proposed itinerary?
Have you checked the required flight schedule already?
You ought to look up how long would it take to travel from Moalboal to Malapascua by private/public transport. It won't be cheap by private.
For a first time visitor in the country, two places is adequate especially you only have 10 days to spare.

How many diving days are you expected on your proposed itinerary?
Have you checked the required flight schedule already?
You ought to look up how long would it take to travel from Moalboal to Malapascua by private/public transport. It won't be cheap by private.
For a first time visitor in the country, two places is adequate especially you only have 10 days to spare.
Hi, Yes

Hi, Yes it would be 6 full diving days out of 9 days in the Philippines. Well I believe it's about 6 hours from Moalboal to Malapascua. We have been told 8500 Php if we want to go private.

P8,500.00 is about US$150.00 or MYR720.00 and should be a bit cheaper on the return to Cebu airport.
If I spend this kind of money on one way transfer I would definitely stay a bit longer.
One third of the trip on travelling!!!! Is it worth it?
Your holiday your choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom