Which is a good mask with downward view

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in the past i used the cressi mask's, and dived happily with them for many years. but personally, i now prefer the atomic subframe, especially with the arc lenses. i used one of my friends atomic subframe's one time, and i was hooked. it blew the cressi i was using away. that is just my personal opinion, but then again that is what the thread is asking for.
the atomic subframe has better field of vision, and they have better glass than anyone on the market. it is worth researching. i hope that helps.

If you have a smaller/narrow face, Cressi sub Lince is a good choice, I have it and am very satisfied.

Any close fitting mask with the tilt will let you see down.
I love my Cressi Big Eyes mask for this.

Remember the most important factor in a mask is FIT!

Cressi Matrix. Having tried the Atomic Subframes, but I hear a lot of good things about them.

I started with a Cressi Penta but went to a Big Eyes when the Penta didn't quite seem to fit my face. I always had a tiny trickle of water seeping in on one side of my nose. The Big Eyes cured that and I really like it.

That being said, once you get all that neoprene on, hood, 7mm suit etc, I have found that tilting my head down to look at my waist isn't all that easy. This has noting to do with the mask but the neoprene restricting my downward head movement a little.

Can you get Rx lenses for the Cressi...or at least guage reading magnification?

Masks with good downward vision that I've used

Cressi Big Eyes, Matrix, & Lince (in order of Decreasing volume)
Mares Liquivision (my current mask)
Atomic Frameless--quite possibly the best field of view I've ever had.

On average, frameless masks offer better fields of vision over their framed counter parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom