Which hotel to choose on Panglao Island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stiwi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I have booked flight to Cebu and I am going to spend nearly two weeks on Panglao Island in February. I was going to book Alona Tropical Resort but I was told that they are full already.

I have completely no idea what should I choose now, from what I like is:

- Alona Palm Beach Resort - situated on Alona Beach
- Panglao Island Nature Resort - I wonder how far it is from Alona Beach? I like that they have WiFI internet available but if it is far away from everything (restaurants, pubs) it can be bad idea.

Crystal Coast was also recommended to me. I know there is also Alona Kew Resort and I just found http://www.boholdivers-resort.com/ - all three situated on Alona Beach

If you have any experience with this hotels or would like to recommend something, please share your thoughts with me.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

stiwi:
Hi all,

I have booked flight to Cebu and I am going to spend nearly two weeks on Panglao Island in February. I was going to book Alona Tropical Resort but I was told that they are full already.

I have completely no idea what should I choose now, from what I like is:

- Alona Palm Beach Resort - situated on Alona Beach
- Panglao Island Nature Resort - I wonder how far it is from Alona Beach? I like that they have WiFI internet available but if it is far away from everything (restaurants, pubs) it can be bad idea.

Crystal Coast was also recommended to me. I know there is also Alona Kew Resort and I just found http://www.boholdivers-resort.com/ - all three situated on Alona Beach

If you have any experience with this hotels or would like to recommend something, please share your thoughts with me.

Cheers,
Sebastian.

ALONA PALM BEACH is best, of course, most expensive too. My sister and family got their unit for P5000 per night last April. Good cottages. Nice bar and swimming pool (infinity pool).

ALONA KEW is ok also, less expensive, more people around. Best halo-halo along ALona Beach stretch.

CRYSTAL COAST is the farthest resort to the left when facing the sea. Coming from the beach, you have to take some 20 steps up (stairs) to get to the place. Cottages and rooms looked old to me. The best place is the view as it is elevated, you get the best view of the stretch if you want to take photos.

There's also the Lost Horizon, average, younger crowd. Average rooms. Average price.

Any comments on the Bohol Beach Club?
I'm planning on being there for a week in May '06, killing time between the Hermes Expedition Sri Lanka (Tech Asia) and a Tubbataha Liveaboard Excursion (5thd-x). . .

Kevrumbo:
Any comments on the Bohol Beach Club?
I'm planning on being there for a week in May '06, killing time between the Hermes Expedition Sri Lanka (Tech Asia) and a Tubbataha Liveaboard Excursion (5thd-x). . .

hey i was invited to go on the hermes expedition unfortunately i found the cost to expensive! what a shame you going with martin and dave?

Sorry you can't make it Spoon; heck, I barely have enough in my Budget to cover Travel Expenses right now after spending it all on Trimix, Deco & Adv. Wreck Penetration Training! Martin & Dave will probably be there the entire month, while I'll only be there for a week. I'm looking to spend some time in between the Expedition and a tentatively scheduled Tubbataha Liveaboard --do you know of any reviews on the Bohol Beach Club and a recommended Dive-Shop Operation?

Kevrumbo:
Sorry you can't make it Spoon; heck, I barely have enough in my Budget to cover Travel Expenses right now after spending it all on Trimix, Deco & Adv. Wreck Penetration Training! Martin & Dave will probably be there the entire month, while I'll only be there for a week. I'm looking to spend some time in between the Expedition and a tentatively scheduled Tubbataha Liveaboard --do you know of any reviews on the Bohol Beach Club and a recommended Dive-Shop Operation?
just came from Panglao and stayed at the Philippine Island Divers Lodge. Big rooms (Villa Suite), nice and cozy with a terrace overlooking the beach. I dived with Bohol Divers (BDs), in-house dive op. Very professional, smooth and efficient.

Had a dive buddy (an american) who stayed at the BBC and he sez it is nice resort. But he did his diving with us and BDs. BBC has an in house dive op too.

The thing is you can walk along Alona Beach and sign up with any of the dive ops (seaquest, genesis, scubaworld, alona divers, baywatch divers, charlotte divers, pro-safari) indicating the place you want to dive in and the time. It'll be to your advantage cuz you'll know what dive op offers the lowest rate. Bohol Divers rate is $38 for a two tank dive anywhere in the panglao/balicasag/pamilacan area. Here's their land line number +0385029048 and mobile number +639193022166 in case you want to inquire further. You can also go and check their website www.phildivers.com.

Back
Top Bottom